Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Hitchhiker's Guide BBC Radio Show

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Christopher B

Christopher B

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted October 07 2005 - 03:36 AM

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I figured there are a lot of like minded people here who may be able to help me. I ordered the orginal BBC Radio show The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Collector's Edition from Amazon UK. The set was supposed to contain 8 CDs, six for the show and 2 with a documentary about the show and an interview with Douglass Adams. My set had only 7 discs. I was missing the first CD of the set. Amazon told me to keep that one and they would send another set. I just received the other one only to find the same CD missing. They are now saying there is a wide spread issue with the set and asked me to send it back for a refund. Here is my question finally. Does anyone here have these CDs? I need to find the first CD of the Primary Phase portion. If no one here has them, can you suggest a place, possibly another forum, where I might be able to find it? At this point I could use a couple of Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters! Thanks

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Kevin M

Kevin M

Producer

• 5,172 posts

Posted October 07 2005 - 03:42 AM

I don't think copying media is a welcome topic around HTF. (there are other ways to get a copy of the first CD BTW...not that I would know anything about that)
-Kevin M.

There's a human tendency to resent anyone who disagrees with our pleasures.  The less mature interpret that as a personal attack on themselves.
- Roger Ebert

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Stephane

Stephane

Stunt Coordinator

• 138 posts

Posted October 07 2005 - 04:39 AM

I have them all on tape from when they aired on a local radio station. Sorry I do not have the answer that you are looking for. I rented The Hitch hikers guide just the other day and compared to the original audio tape, I did not like the movie. Just to much was missing.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter

• 1,066 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted October 07 2005 - 06:33 PM

The original BBC teleseries is the only way to go...hilarious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users