What's new

Sirius Question - Please Help....... (1 Viewer)

Deedi D

Auditioning
Hi - this is my first post on this forum - I sure would appreciate any advice. I've had Sirius in my vehicle for about a year and I really love it. I bought it for my husband's vehicle this year too. I'm not here to debate whether Sirius or XM is better - I'm very happy with Sirius, but I've had no exposure at all to XM. My question is this: I am planning on purchasing a new vehicle and I would really like to have the Sirius installed just like a normal radio instead of having the big, bulky, ackward plug and play system. I've been checking around on the internet and it doesn't seem like this is very common. Can anyone give me any advice on where to buy or what to buy? I'm kind of lost........Thanks a bunch!! :cool:

Brian Elwood

Stunt Coordinator
I had Sirius installed in my car. Just go to a normal installation place and buy a reciever (also called Head Unit) that is satellite ready, you will also have to buy the actual reciever,antenna. You can install it yourself OR better yet - have them install it.

I'd look in the phone book for a radio installation type place.

It'll cost you more then the plug in kind you now have but it works great, looks great.

one thing to look for that I missed out on. When you look into head units - see if you can get a remote that has the number key pad. with 160 channels of music sometimes going from 20 to 130 can be . . . laborious. I'm not even sure if that make them but . . . . . .

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Look at Crutchfield's satellite radio guide

Options #5 & 6 under "Where do I start?":
is what you are looking for.

Type in your vehicle type under their vehicle finder, it will list the head units that have a Sirius tuner available, either extra or built in.

Note that when you register the new unit with Sirius, you can get the extra service for only 6.99 extra per month by using their "Multi-Subscription Plan":
Sirius Service Plans

Deedi D

Auditioning
Thanks so much to both of you guys for the great information!! I really appreciate it and it will definitely help me. Thank you!!!

jason_l_h

Agent
There are also an increasing number of new vehicles that have satellite receivers already installed from the factory. If you can find a car you like with Sirius already installed, then you'd be set and wouldn't have to send your new ride out to have an aftermarket system installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks