What's new

Where is Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection? (1 Viewer)

Shaw

Stunt Coordinator
Looked and called all over the city (Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada) and NO ONE has the masterpiece collection in stock. Am I the only one in town who is interested in buying Hitchcock on DVD? There have been plenty of Hitchcock DVDs here but this set is no where to be found. :frowning:

Perhaps it's just going to take a little longer to get here, but for no one to have even one copy of a DVD like this seems pretty strange to me.

Anyone else have this problem?

threerandot

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I had the same problem. I checked all through the Syracuse, Ithaca, and Rochester area and no one had it - Best Buy said they were supposed to get it, as did Barnes and Noble and Sams Club and Borders but no one got it in.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I wonder if this is getting bumped a week in Canada? I never did see the GArbo signiture collection on the shelves here. I have this on Pre-order, still schedualled for Oct 4. The Val Lewton set was dated the same, but is now listed on Oct 18.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I ordered it online from Best Buy (only a dollar more than Amazon's price) and will pick it up on the way back from Atlanta at the one near North Point Mall. They had it in stock, but right after reserving it, they listed it as unavailable. All of the other Georgia Best Buy locations list it as out of stock!

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
My Costco also had a bunch at the $73.99 price. Even though I already have them all, I couldn't resist double dipping at that price.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy in Albany had a bunch of them. Sorry, I forgot what the price was, though it seemed closer to 100.00. I'm still on the fence with this one being that I already own about 10 of the movies.

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor

Not me.

I found it there (no thanks to the salesperson), but it was marked and rang up at $98.xx. It was not advertised in their in-store flyer, so I couldn't get it for the $83.99 price from the Weekly Roundup.

My Circuit City didn't have any at all.

Deep Discount DVD Amazon, here I come!

JKS

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Another Canadian unable to find the set.

Granted I only passed by one retailer this evening and their stock is not the most abundant, but being a store that caters specifically cinemaphiles, art house movies and classic releases, this would be a release they'd definitely stock. No such luck.

I'm going to pass by Metro Video tomorrow and see if they don't have it as well...

David Jay

Stunt Coordinator
A big stack of them, hidden like they were Easter Eggs, at Best Buy in N. Attleboro, MA today. All marked at $98.xx too. But I held one! And it was nice!

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
When I picked it up at the Alpharetta, GA Best Buy, they had at least a dozen others on the shelf for sale. $98.99, so I'm glad I got this $10 cheaper by ordering online. :D

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Costco in Southlake, Texas had many of them for $73.99.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Shopko was the only place near me to have it. They had one copy left, but at $110.00, its a little steep.

LarryH

Supporting Actor
There were no copies on display at my BB, but a nice sales associate said she'd check in the back and shortly thereafter produced one. It rang up at the $98 price. When I told the check out person that the price was listed at $84.99 on the internet (well, here, anyhow), she said customer service would have to do a price match. After messing with her terminal a while, the CS rep rang it up at $84.99. HTF saved me from having to mail order this set with so many disks that I feared at least one would be a floater. And I got to use a couple of RZ coupons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks