What's new

System sounds less powerful and crisp (1 Viewer)

Antonio_B

Stunt Coordinator
2 weeks ago I noticed that my system became less loud and less clear than it was before.Same thing applies to my sub-woofer which also sounds weaker and less articulate.

I had my setup for almost 9 months now.Recently there's a new neighboor on our floor(he lives right on my left) who also appears to have a good audio system.I'm thinking maybe our systems are very demanding and that implies less clean power sent to both systems(mine and his)?

Bob_Hammond

Agent
If it is a power issue you would expect it to come and go. Try your system when he isn't home and see how it performs.

Bob

mylan

Screenwriter
Yes, power will affect performance but I think your problem is one of perception. Did he move in, say, 2 weeks ago? You'd be amazed at how thinking someone may have a better system can affect your perception. I'm not trying to be sarcastic here, really, it has happened to me.

Steve_L

Stunt Coordinator
I doubt it's a power issue, but on the other hand, can't imagine what it might really be, other that your imagination. (not trying to be a wise guy)

I'd suggest you play one of the recordings you have that you are very familiar with and "know" exactly how it used to sound and see if it doesn't really still sound as good.
Make sure you're using the same volume you nomrally would.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks