Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

System sounds less powerful and crisp

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Antonio_B

Antonio_B

Stunt Coordinator

• 187 posts

Posted October 03 2005 - 02:33 PM

2 weeks ago I noticed that my system became less loud and less clear than it was before.Same thing applies to my sub-woofer which also sounds weaker and less articulate.

I had my setup for almost 9 months now.Recently there's a new neighboor on our floor(he lives right on my left) who also appears to have a good audio system.I'm thinking maybe our systems are very demanding and that implies less clean power sent to both systems(mine and his)?

#2 of 5 Bob_Hammond

Bob_Hammond

Agent

• 47 posts

Posted October 03 2005 - 11:11 PM

If it is a power issue you would expect it to come and go. Try your system when he isn't home and see how it performs.

Bob

#3 of 5 Antonio_B

Antonio_B

Stunt Coordinator

• 187 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 10:14 AM

So there's a possibility that power might affect performance?

#4 of 5 mylan

mylan

Screenwriter

• 1,683 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 10:28 AM

Yes, power will affect performance but I think your problem is one of perception. Did he move in, say, 2 weeks ago? You'd be amazed at how thinking someone may have a better system can affect your perception. I'm not trying to be sarcastic here, really, it has happened to me.
I know enough to know I don't know enough!

#5 of 5 Steve_L

Steve_L

Stunt Coordinator

• 90 posts

Posted October 08 2005 - 08:10 AM

I doubt it's a power issue, but on the other hand, can't imagine what it might really be, other that your imagination. (not trying to be a wise guy)

I'd suggest you play one of the recordings you have that you are very familiar with and "know" exactly how it used to sound and see if it doesn't really still sound as good.
Make sure you're using the same volume you nomrally would.