Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Anchor Bay Press Release: Three's Company Season Five

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,152 posts

Posted October 03 2005 - 10:02 AM

They’ve Been Waiting For You! ANCHOR BAY ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS THREE’S COMPANY SEASON FIVE ON DVD The Best Season Ever Will Be Knocking On Your Door November 15! TROY, MI – On November 15th a pop icon returns! Anchor Bay Entertainment brings to DVD the long-awaited Three’s Company Season Five. The fifth season of this hilarious, award-winning series will be available as a 4-disc DVD set for the suggested retail price of $39.98 and boasts all-new interviews and season highlights reels for each starring character, specially produced for this release. “Three’s Company” was created by Johnnie Mortimer and Brian Cooke, writers for the original Thames Television version, “Man About The House.” Loved by fans around the world for its combination of naiveté and double entendres, the idea was brought to the U.S. by DLT Entertainment Ltd., an independent producer and distributor of television programming worldwide. A few years passed before ABC contacted DLT founder Don Taffner and gave the OK for a pilot. “Three’s Company” premiered on ABC in 1977 and quickly became one of the network’s top rated programs, frequently appearing in the Nielsen Top Ten. The simple but provocative premise of “Three’s Company” finds Jack Tripper (John Ritter – “8 Simple Rules”, Bad Santa), a local student sharing – for purely economical reasons – an apartment with two girls: sharp-witted Janet Wood (Joyce DeWitt – Airplane II, “The Love Boat”) and clumsy but endearing Cindy Snow (show newcomer Jenilee Harrison – “Dallas”). The arrangement seems ideal, except for one obstacle: their fussy landlord Mr. Furley (Don Knotts, in his first full season on the show – “The Andy Griffith Show”, It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World). The only way to ease Mr. Furley’s suspicions is for Jack to pretend that he’s gay. With such a scheme, this comedy was sure to go where no sitcom had gone before! Three’s Company Season Five is considered by many fans to be the series’ best season, even though it was Suzanne Somers’ final season with the show (her character moved back home, but still appeared at the end of each program, phoning in to get the news of the day). Season Five contains more of the situations which, when first aired, brought smiles to its viewers while at the same time raising more than a few eyebrows. Anchor Bay Entertainment dug deep into the vaults to create an impressive lineup of bonus features ready to introduce a new generation of fans to the classic characters of Three’s Company Season Five: • All-New Jenilee Harrison Interview • Of Farce And Censors: All-New Interviews With Producers George Sunga & George Burditt and Writer Kim Weiskopf • Best of Jack: Season Five • Best of Janet: Season Five • Best of Cindy: Season Five • Best of Larry: Season Five • Best of Furley: Season Five Besides its already renowned cast, (John Ritter garnered an Emmy, Golden Globe and a People’s Choice award for his role as Jack Tripper), Three’s Company Season Five showcased the comedic talents of such special guest stars as Jeffrey Tambor (Hellboy, “Arrested Development”), Hamilton Camp (“Titus”, “Desperate Housewives”) and Ellen Travolta (John’s sister – “Happy Days”, “General Hospital”). During its eight year run, the show was cited for its lightheartedness and risqué humor, a then-daring combination for an American situation comedy. Breaking taboos with its principal unmarried characters living together, “Three’s Company” made a lasting impression by defining and celebrating the cultural and lifestyle changes of the ‘70s and ‘80s.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Robbie^Blackmon

Robbie^Blackmon

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts

Posted October 03 2005 - 12:52 PM

I love these shows and, with a few minor problems (missing bits) these sets have been outstanding. However, why, oh why does Anchor Bay keep putting these "best of" clips on these sets?? Please tell me, somebody? All of the clips are already in the shows! It can't be a major selling point so why bother? Just to show that someone can use cut and paste in an editing bay? Can't wait for this set, though! -Robbie
"A jerk with a quirk may do the work. Or,
a turk with a dirk may stick a clerk!"
-Shemp Howard in "Blunder Boys"

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,965 posts

Posted October 03 2005 - 01:02 PM

I can't wait. When I first started buying tv shows on dvd, my main wish was Three's Company on dvd. Anchor Bay has done an outstanding job, with season releases that just flow, instead of starting, and stopping like other studios tend to do. Also, the extras on these Three's Company discs are so great, especially for the huge fans(like me) of the show.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Rob P S

Rob P S

Screenwriter

• 1,996 posts

Posted October 03 2005 - 02:31 PM

This season also features the final appearances of the Ropers and Dean Travers, and the first appearances of Felipe and Mr. Angelino.
Not by this fan (that would be Season 3), but it's still a good season with a handful of classics.

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter

• 1,250 posts
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario - Canada

Posted October 04 2005 - 01:53 AM

Ah Felipe. lol. I used to get such a kick out of that character. I actually forgot about him for the longest time. I can't wait to get this. I agree that the previous sets are outstanding. I expect no less from this one.
My DVD / Blu-ray collection:

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,627 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 06:14 AM

Curious, since I forgot. What season was it that Nickelodon(nick at NIght) had to edit out the part where part of Jack's "member" was hanging out. Did they edit this out for the DVD as well?? Just wondering how they would handle that for the DVD release

all-banner.jpg

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter

• 1,250 posts
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario - Canada

Posted October 04 2005 - 07:07 AM

That was "The Charming Stranger" from the 8th and final season where Jack, Janet and Terri falsely accuse a ventriliquist (sp?) of being a jewel thief.
My DVD / Blu-ray collection:

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Shawn_Sm

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 05:59 PM

Maybe they'll give him digital underwear. Posted Image

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Brian Himes

Brian Himes

Screenwriter

• 1,213 posts

Posted October 05 2005 - 04:46 AM

Ok, I've never heard about this before. That's too funny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users