Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Audio Cutting In/Out while watching TV

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   andrewLeg

andrewLeg

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 02 2005 - 02:33 PM

Hey guys, I just purchased a Sony 420 Watt system (see google "Sony 420 watt", it's the first link). It sounds great, but when I'm watching TV and have the sound on, the speakers cut in and out. At first I thought it was a problem with the receiver, but sound from the DVD player sounds fine, and sound from the xbox plugged into the TV sounds fine (sound goes from the xbox, to the tv, to receiver because there's only 2 inputs on the back of the receiver, and the Playstation is using one). Is there a setting on the receiver that can change this or could there be something wrong with my connection setup?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Dean_S

Dean_S

Second Unit

• 261 posts

Posted October 03 2005 - 03:59 AM

What is the source component that is input to the Sony system for TV (like a directv tuner, what model, what type of connection are you using, etc).

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   John S

John S

Producer

• 5,460 posts

Posted October 03 2005 - 09:15 AM

Yes where is the source? Your display? How are you getting audio / video to the display? If it is comming from the display and your using the displays internal tuner, try changing to a Stereo Hi-Fi VCR for Tuner duties and take the audio output from that and change channels with that.

I have encountered many a display with very week line level audio outputs, so many, I no longer use them unless absolutely a last resort.