-

Photo
- - - - -

TNA Impact!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
703 replies to this topic

#1 of 704 OFFLINE   RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted October 01 2005 - 02:24 PM

TNA IMPACT! - The wrestling alternative debuets tonight at 10:00 on Spike TV! as a replacement for WWE television. With various unknown wrestlers and some classic veterans, how much of an impact will having a slot on network television have on rival WWE for this young upstart federation?

Ryan

#2 of 704 OFFLINE   Ryan L. Bisasky

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit

• 398 posts

Posted October 01 2005 - 03:39 PM

great stuff i saw so far. And for once, actual wrestling, and not 2 min matches that seem like filler for the endless storylines and diva searches like raw and smackdown.
Also the TNA Unbreakable ppv is replaying in my area at 8 am tomorrow morning and at 1 pm.
Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of...

#3 of 704 OFFLINE   Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted October 01 2005 - 05:42 PM

Quote:
Also the TNA Unbreakable ppv is replaying in my area at 8 am tomorrow morning and at 1 pm.

Order it. Seriously, the main event is the match of the year so far and its a pretty swank PPV event overall. You would do yourself a big service to order it.

As for Impact it was a really well done episode. I liked the bumpers to introduce the wrestlers and X division to new fans. I think that the Monty Brown squash match was the right kind of squash match & I loved the last segment.

Its good to have TNA on TV and I mean real TV not fox sports net.

I've been a viewer since their second weekly Pay Per View.

#4 of 704 OFFLINE   Scott W.

Scott W.

Second Unit

• 319 posts

Posted October 01 2005 - 09:08 PM

I really liked the six sided ring. What an idea! Go Raven!!

Scott

#5 of 704 OFFLINE   Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted October 02 2005 - 10:59 AM

Impact was really well done. Everything worked except for the three-way X-Division match. There were also some bad camera shots.

I really liked the video intros, especially the one to start off the show.

Petey was able to get his piledriver in.

Many of the talent seemed pumped up. Kevin Nash, on the other hand, was a complete bore on the mic.

It's just too bad that Spike didn't do a better job during Raw of promoting it.

~T

#6 of 704 OFFLINE   Ryan L. Bisasky

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit

• 398 posts

Posted October 02 2005 - 12:05 PM

i somehow doubt vince would really like having another wrestling company advertise on his show.
Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of...

#7 of 704 OFFLINE   Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted October 02 2005 - 03:28 PM

Quote:
i somehow doubt vince would really like having another wrestling company advertise on his show.

It was advertised during Raw. I think what Thi is saying that more promotion should've been done, and with better commercials.

I haven't seen many commercials because I try to avoid Raw these days, but I do know that people who's job is to follow this kind of stuff would say that the live UFC special for monday night was promoted a lot worse than TNA.
SpikeTV produced most of those commercials you saw during Raw. I don't think that TNA produced any until last week's impact taping.
Could they have aired more? Sure, but you run the risk of turning off viewers by over promoting a show & I've seen spike do that 100 times.
I think so far that TNA & spike have to be happy with the way things have gone. It will be interesting to see the ratings.

#8 of 704 OFFLINE   Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz

Screenwriter

• 2,494 posts

Posted October 03 2005 - 08:53 AM

I agree, good first show on Spike. How good is friggin' A.J Styles????

That Petey Williams "Canadian Destroyer" move is impressive as hell!

Good all out rumble at the end. AMW turning heel should be interesting.

So the Dudleyz have a new name? Plus it looks like both D-Von and Bubba lost some weight.

Kevin Nash should retire and stay retired. Boy does he move slow or what?

Very exciting to see where they go with this.
Andres

#9 of 704 OFFLINE   Ryan L. Bisasky

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit

• 398 posts

Posted October 03 2005 - 09:46 AM

I believe wwe owns the name "dudley" and thats why they are called "team 3'd"
Also my dvr cut off as soon as kevin nash started talking.

#10 of 704 OFFLINE   Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz

Screenwriter

• 2,494 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 12:29 AM

Lucky you Ryan. You didn't miss anything (re: Kevin Nash).
Andres

#11 of 704 OFFLINE   Jason Adams

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor

• 631 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 02:51 AM

Quote:
Kevin Nash should retire and stay retired. Boy does he move slow or what?

Remember when he broke his leg, and he was out for a couple of months, comes back in the ring, goes for he big boot, BAM, falls to the mat screaming in agony to be out for a couple of more months. I found that hilarious, personally. Posted Image

#12 of 704 OFFLINE   Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 03:52 AM

You know, people knock Nash and for the most part it is deserved but the last time he wrestled Jarrett at Against All Odds in February they had a ***1/2 match which should be considered a miracle.

There are worse people that they could've put in that spot.

Lets face it, Nash still has some name value. SpikeTV & TNA conducted surveys about most recognizable wrestlers and Nash was at the top of their list with Jeff Hardy second.

Plus, while Nash may be boring in the ring, the dude still can talk at least & I know personally lots of people that still find him entertaining. They say things like: "I know he can't go in the ring anymore, but I still like seeing him." Its really not even a minority opinion.

Is Nash the first person I would've chosen to face Jarrett? No, but then Jarrett is not my first choice for champion either.

Is Nash the worst person they could've picked? No way, not with the former Billy Gunn around.

Oh, and I would also disagree with Andres that nothing was missed once Nash started talking seeing as how that's when the Main event for the Pay Per View & next week's impact was set up.

#13 of 704 OFFLINE   Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 04:14 AM

TNA got a 0.8 rating for Impact this week. That's above what WWE had been doing in the same timeslot. Next week's rating will be the real test though. The rating was steady through the whole hour which is good news as it means that the views that started watching stayed for the entire thing and the last segment got the highest rating of the show.

#14 of 704 OFFLINE   Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz

Screenwriter

• 2,494 posts

Posted October 04 2005 - 06:02 AM

Jason, that was hilarious in a perverted way. All this build up for this poor guy's return and he injures himself in his first move. LOL.
Andres

#15 of 704 OFFLINE   Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted October 05 2005 - 05:33 AM

The impact rating for monday after ufc was a 0.5 which is really good for a repeat that aired at midnight on the east coast.

#16 of 704 OFFLINE   Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted October 08 2005 - 06:14 PM

I thought tonight's impact was ok. The 3 way X-division match was pretty good. This makes 2 weeks in a row that the main event has had a nonconclusive ending, it better not become a pattern.

I like that they had another video package this time to introduce Abyss.

We need to see the Tag Champions on this show either this coming week or the week after. They are the tag team champions afterall.

Bound for glory looks like this so far:
*Jeff Jarrett vs. Kevin Nash, NWA World title
*Monsters Ball: Abyss vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Sabu vs. Rhino
*AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels, X-title, 30:00 Ironman match
*Ultimate X: Chris Sabin vs. Matt Bently vs. Peety Williams, winner receives an X-title shot.
*Samoa Joe vs. Jushin 'Thunder' Lyger

I would expect a tag title match, a match involving AMW & Team 3D and of course Team Canada and the 3LK have to be on the show.

#17 of 704 OFFLINE   Thi Them

Thi Them

Producer

• 3,650 posts

Posted October 09 2005 - 07:08 AM

I thought it was okay, too.

It's time to break up 3 Live Kru.

Not much else to comment on.

~T

#18 of 704 OFFLINE   Nick Graham

Nick Graham

Screenwriter

• 1,409 posts

Posted October 09 2005 - 02:44 PM

3 Live Kru are getting broken up, as the New Age Outlaws reunion will be happening (though they won't be able to call them that).

BG James has always sucked in the ring, but you can tell he's at least trying, and he has charisma to spare. Killings is the only guy in the group who has a decent body and can actually do some moves. I thought Konnan sucked during his American heyday during the nWo Wolfpac years...now the guy works in super slow motion.

Daniels vs Bentley vs Aries was good stuff though. All they need to do is put Samoa Joe in there with Sabin or AJ again and everyone who watches will know why I love the guy. BTW, Dudleys had a previous agreement for a Japan show before they signed with TNA, and that Japan show is on the night of Bound For Glory, hence the injury/beatdown angle and why they won't be at Bound For Glory.

I'm torn on Bound For Glory. AJ vs Daniels is likely to be incredible, and the Ultimate X match will rule as well (despite the fact that they use this dopey giant red X as the thing to grab anytime an Ultimate X match isn't for the actual X title.

Joe vs Liger should be good stuff. The main event will be garbage, though I can understand the idea of putting two recognizable names in the main event...Raven-Jarrett III could have actually been a good match, whereas there is no chance of Jarrett-Nash being a good match.

#19 of 704 OFFLINE   Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted October 09 2005 - 02:55 PM

Quote:
whereas there is no chance of Jarrett-Nash being a good match.

Nick, their match at Against All Odds in February was ***1/2 at least so it is not impossible for them to have a good match, just very very unlikely.

I knew that the Dudleyz weren't going to be at this Tuesday's taping but I hadn't heard that the Japan commitment would keep them off of the pay per view.

Oh & I'll take any pay per view that will probably produce 3 matches that are ***1/2 or better. I'd say its even a real posibility for 2 matches to be in the ****1/4-****1/2 range with a chance of *****. 2 matches, 4 stars or better is an easy purchase from me.

Bring it on!

#20 of 704 OFFLINE   Brian Little

Brian Little

Stunt Coordinator

• 216 posts

Posted October 09 2005 - 05:33 PM

Wow.. didn't expect to find some TNA talk going around HTF at all. Posted Image

I've been a long time viewer.. no, more like long time fanatic of TNA Wrestling and their product. I have stood by TNA during the ups and downs of the past three years and I'll say honestly that TNA is finally getting their big break with many of the deals they have made lately especially the Navarre (DVD distribution) and Spike TV (for Impact) deals.

I'm very hyped for "Bound For Glory" as this will be indeed a good PPV. The Styles vs Daniels match alone will be well worth ordering it just for that alone. They had an iron man match earlier this year at "Against All Odds" which was extremely good but they have toped that many times since. I expect nothing less than at least 4, maybe 4 1/2 out of 5 stars at least out of that match.
Brian The Demolition Man Little
Boycotting TDB Ever Since June 2nd 2007

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow