What's new

'GHOST HUNTERS' Season 2 on Sci-Fi. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Anyone watching this? I really enjoyed season 1, even though I still don't know what to make of it, and season 2 is pretty much the same thing.

It's sort of a mixed bag for me, on one hand the show is very creepy once the TAPS team get into the investigating, but on the other hand it's essentially just them wandering around in the dark and they end up finding nothing half of the time.

I do happen to believe in the supernatural, but the show grows tedious sometimes, but yet I still can't help but watch it, go figure.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I usually wait for one of the marathons they have for this show to catch up, but half the time it comes off a little half-assed. I enjoy the occasional episode, but it isn't something I bother to set up the DVR for.

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
I miss Brian. His idiocy made for good tv. Andy's good for a laugh- boy does that little punk take himself too seriously.

You'd think that if they were serious about catching ghosts, they'd stay more than half a night at each place...

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I prefer to watch Most Haunted now, as it's a bit more interesting. Although, at the same time, it's also a bit tougher to beleive.

The Possesions are probably scripted for the camera, despite how weird they seem. But all the other stuff they encounter, is probably very very real..

There was one interesting episode where a very decent sized table moved about 15 inches across the floor right toward one of the guys behind it.

After watching the footage, none of the guys had their hands on it, except one very lightlight, so there was no way it could have been pulled or pushed.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I like this series. I really don't know if it is really meant to be serious, or if it is simply a drama made up to look real. I don't trust sci-fi channel ever since they fooled me with the blair witch documentary :frowning:

As far as this show goes... If it is truly real, I think it is pretty cool. I agree they should spent more time a site. Especially if something weird happens.

The best footage (and creepiest) is the moving figure they captured at the old abandoned jail building. The figure sort of moved toward the camera then darted away really fast. If this show is on the level, that is pretty freaking creepy.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Here is a link to a video clip of the moving figure:

Moving Figure

I know at first it looks like a person, but when they attempted to duplicate it by putting a person there with a black blanket covering them, you could easily tell it didnt look anything like it.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Yeah, that I remember. That was pretty darn strange. Plus IIRC, it was moving too fast to be a person...

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member

My thoughts exactly!
And I saw one ep. where a closet door opened and closed on tape which seemed pretty spooky.

:) d

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
What I still can't figure out is, these guys are plumbers for Roto Rooter during the day, how the hell do they juggle that plus the ghost busting and not get fired from the plumbing job? :confused:

Also, everytime soething significant happens, it's always either in the background or just missed on the video. Just once i'd like to see a guy get picked up and thrown across a room by a ghost right on camera, now THAT would be proof that ghosts exist LOL!

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
Supposedly they don't get paid by the Sci-Fi network, but they just pay expenses and donate equipment to TAPS. If you saw Season 1 they used to be in a trailer in someones yard, now they have a nifty storefront office.

If they let Sci-Fi make advertising revenue without getting a cut, they're horrible businessmen.

Steven Sims

Stunt Coordinator
There was an episode last season where one of the guys got knocked down by a spirit or something. It literally knocked his feet out from under him and he was out of breath for several minutes. They caught it on film, it was pretty cool.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
You may be right, Chuck, I suspected her too, especially after she seemed so convinced that the ship was haunted and that the sounds the hot water heater made were a ghost.

I tell you what, though, when I first saw that piece of video, my jaw was on the floor! I thought to myself that if this is really what i'm seeing, it's the single most extraordinary piece of paranormal evidence on record! But, it was a hoax. :frowning:

Steven,
I remember that episode, the guy was pretty shaken up afterwards, maybe that's why he's not on the team anymore. :D

Will the TAPS team actually find SOMETHING this season!? :frowning:

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
John-

I like how many "hauntings" just happen to involve plumbing and HVAC expertise. Haha

That cute tour guide just happened to be small enough to fit through the second smaller service entrance to that room... and of course laid the story about the bed unmaking itself and how they stopped selling it to guests.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ya know, the more I watch this show, the more fun it looks to be a part of that team. I realize that they take it very seriously, which they should, but everytime they're walking around in the dark, I just want to be there too, it just looks like a total ghastly blast!

I wonder if they have any job positions available? Oh well, if they don't right now, i'm sure one is bound to open up. :D

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I'm hooked. It's like a real-life Blair Witch...
Even when they don't really get any evidence the show is well put together and has great atmosphere. I watched the VERY creepy Shawshank ep. late at nite with the headphones on, (gf sleeping...) and at one point one of the damn cats in the house jumped up on me! Took all my strength not to yell out...
and I TOTALLY think the tour guide did it too or knew who did.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Did you see the season finale, Dave? The TAPS team actually got some very creepy images on thermal video that they couldn't explain, very spooky. :frowning:

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hiya John!

Yes I did. The one with the "soldier" in front of the locker? Yeah, that was excellent!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks