Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

'GHOST HUNTERS' Season 2 on Sci-Fi.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
103 replies to this topic

#1 of 104 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted September 28 2005 - 03:39 PM

Anyone watching this? I really enjoyed season 1, even though I still don't know what to make of it, and season 2 is pretty much the same thing.

It's sort of a mixed bag for me, on one hand the show is very creepy once the TAPS team get into the investigating, but on the other hand it's essentially just them wandering around in the dark and they end up finding nothing half of the time.

I do happen to believe in the supernatural, but the show grows tedious sometimes, but yet I still can't help but watch it, go figure.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#2 of 104 Jordan_E

Jordan_E

Screenwriter

• 2,233 posts

Posted September 29 2005 - 12:54 AM

I usually wait for one of the marathons they have for this show to catch up, but half the time it comes off a little half-assed. I enjoy the occasional episode, but it isn't something I bother to set up the DVR for.
And you believe, at heart, everyone's a killer...

#3 of 104 Chuck Schick

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator

• 174 posts

Posted September 29 2005 - 04:35 AM

I miss Brian. His idiocy made for good tv. Andy's good for a laugh- boy does that little punk take himself too seriously.

You'd think that if they were serious about catching ghosts, they'd stay more than half a night at each place...

#4 of 104 Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted September 29 2005 - 04:45 AM

I watched it once and they never saw a ghost. Do they ever make contact with one and show it?

#5 of 104 DeathStar1

DeathStar1

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted September 30 2005 - 01:41 AM

I prefer to watch Most Haunted now, as it's a bit more interesting. Although, at the same time, it's also a bit tougher to beleive.

The Possesions are probably scripted for the camera, despite how weird they seem. But all the other stuff they encounter, is probably very very real..

There was one interesting episode where a very decent sized table moved about 15 inches across the floor right toward one of the guys behind it.

After watching the footage, none of the guys had their hands on it, except one very lightlight, so there was no way it could have been pulled or pushed.

#6 of 104 Scott-S

Scott-S

Screenwriter

• 2,024 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted September 30 2005 - 03:32 AM

I like this series. I really don't know if it is really meant to be serious, or if it is simply a drama made up to look real. I don't trust sci-fi channel ever since they fooled me with the blair witch documentary Posted Image

As far as this show goes... If it is truly real, I think it is pretty cool. I agree they should spent more time a site. Especially if something weird happens.

The best footage (and creepiest) is the moving figure they captured at the old abandoned jail building. The figure sort of moved toward the camera then darted away really fast. If this show is on the level, that is pretty freaking creepy.
-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#7 of 104 Scott-S

Scott-S

Screenwriter

• 2,024 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Zion

Posted September 30 2005 - 03:39 AM

Here is a link to a video clip of the moving figure:

Moving Figure

I know at first it looks like a person, but when they attempted to duplicate it by putting a person there with a black blanket covering them, you could easily tell it didnt look anything like it.
-----
Scott

View My DVD Collection
Stop the on-screen Bugs!!!!!!

#8 of 104 DeathStar1

DeathStar1

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted September 30 2005 - 04:19 AM

Yeah, that I remember. That was pretty darn strange. Plus IIRC, it was moving too fast to be a person...

#9 of 104 Dave Mack

Dave Mack

Producer

• 4,665 posts

Posted October 03 2005 - 08:05 AM

You'd think that if they were serious about catching ghosts, they'd stay more than half a night at each place...

My thoughts exactly!
And I saw one ep. where a closet door opened and closed on tape which seemed pretty spooky.

Posted Image d

#10 of 104 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts

Posted October 03 2005 - 08:11 AM

What I still can't figure out is, these guys are plumbers for Roto Rooter during the day, how the hell do they juggle that plus the ghost busting and not get fired from the plumbing job? Posted Image

Also, everytime soething significant happens, it's always either in the background or just missed on the video. Just once i'd like to see a guy get picked up and thrown across a room by a ghost right on camera, now THAT would be proof that ghosts exist LOL!

#11 of 104 Chuck Schick

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator

• 174 posts

Posted October 03 2005 - 08:26 AM

Supposedly they don't get paid by the Sci-Fi network, but they just pay expenses and donate equipment to TAPS. If you saw Season 1 they used to be in a trailer in someones yard, now they have a nifty storefront office.

If they let Sci-Fi make advertising revenue without getting a cut, they're horrible businessmen.

#12 of 104 Chuck Schick

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator

• 174 posts

Posted October 07 2005 - 05:32 AM

Anyone see this week's?

Am I the only one who thinks

the hot tour guide did it
?

#13 of 104 Steven Sims

Steven Sims

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted October 07 2005 - 09:24 AM

There was an episode last season where one of the guys got knocked down by a spirit or something. It literally knocked his feet out from under him and he was out of breath for several minutes. They caught it on film, it was pretty cool.

#14 of 104 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts

Posted October 07 2005 - 09:52 AM

You may be right, Chuck, I suspected her too, especially after she seemed so convinced that the ship was haunted and that the sounds the hot water heater made were a ghost.

I tell you what, though, when I first saw that piece of video, my jaw was on the floor! I thought to myself that if this is really what i'm seeing, it's the single most extraordinary piece of paranormal evidence on record! But, it was a hoax. Posted Image

Steven,
I remember that episode, the guy was pretty shaken up afterwards, maybe that's why he's not on the team anymore. Posted Image

Will the TAPS team actually find SOMETHING this season!? Posted Image

#15 of 104 Chuck Schick

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator

• 174 posts

Posted October 07 2005 - 12:50 PM

John-

I like how many "hauntings" just happen to involve plumbing and HVAC expertise. Haha

That cute tour guide just happened to be small enough to fit through the second smaller service entrance to that room... and of course laid the story about the bed unmaking itself and how they stopped selling it to guests.

#16 of 104 Steven Sims

Steven Sims

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted October 12 2005 - 05:50 PM

I remember that episode, the guy was pretty shaken up afterwards, maybe that's why he's not on the team anymore.

I found the info on that episode: Episode 107

#17 of 104 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts

Posted October 12 2005 - 06:17 PM

Ya know, the more I watch this show, the more fun it looks to be a part of that team. I realize that they take it very seriously, which they should, but everytime they're walking around in the dark, I just want to be there too, it just looks like a total ghastly blast!

I wonder if they have any job positions available? Oh well, if they don't right now, i'm sure one is bound to open up. Posted Image

#18 of 104 Dave Mack

Dave Mack

Producer

• 4,665 posts

Posted October 24 2005 - 04:48 PM

I'm hooked. It's like a real-life Blair Witch...
Even when they don't really get any evidence the show is well put together and has great atmosphere. I watched the VERY creepy Shawshank ep. late at nite with the headphones on, (gf sleeping...) and at one point one of the damn cats in the house jumped up on me! Took all my strength not to yell out...
and I TOTALLY think the tour guide did it too or knew who did.
Posted Image d

#19 of 104 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts

Posted October 24 2005 - 04:51 PM

Did you see the season finale, Dave? The TAPS team actually got some very creepy images on thermal video that they couldn't explain, very spooky. Posted Image

#20 of 104 Dave Mack

Dave Mack

Producer

• 4,665 posts

Posted October 24 2005 - 04:54 PM

Hiya John!

Yes I did. The one with the "soldier" in front of the locker? Yeah, that was excellent!

Posted Image d