What's new

Need Animated TV Show Suggestions??? Both Adult and Kid (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Looking for Animated TV Shows/movies that are entertaining.

Can be geared towards either kids or adults. Preferably both, but not necessary.

Looking for a variety to fill all age groups (young childhood/teen/early adulthood/nostagia). I see people from every age group there is pretty often. Especially at parties and family events.

Here is the "animated only" section of our DVD collection which may provide a basis.

May include Anime as well. Both older themed (for us in our older teens/20's) and that for younger kids. Please note which are adult-themed though. I don't want to be sitting there with a group of little kids as some animated sex scene or graphic scene of butchery comes on.

Thanks!!!

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=mrjay's

P.S. Is there any word of the show "Goof Troop" from the early 90's? I remember liking it alot when I was in Jr. High & wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Rocko's Modern Life as well

John*D

Second Unit
Since you have some X-MEN and Spider-man discs...

MTV's complete first season of SPIDER-MAN: The New Animated Series. Ignore the individual release discs, get the complete first season set!

Buena Vista released the entire 2 seasons of Fantastic Four. Since you seem to like the 90's Marvel toons, you should like this set.

The first volume of WB's SUPERMAN: The Animated Series. You have the Batman: TAS sets so you probalby would like this as well.

Spider-Man @ amazon

Fantastic Four @ amazon

Superman: TAS @ amazon

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Clone High
The Oblongs
Mission Hill (soon to be released)

if you can import, get a copy of

John Callahan's Quads! (R4, Oz)
Bromwell High (R2/R4)

those last two are VERY ADULT (but very fall on the floor funny in places)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Wow, Quads seems completely ridiculous after reading the description at NetFlix. Sounds like backlash fodder. The premise would offend many. I have added it to my queue. ;)

The Oblongs I already have.

Will also add some disks of the Superman: Animated Series & Fantastic Four to see how I feel about them. For some reason, I never caught either during their original runs when they ran during years I should have.

Will also check out the other shows suggested as time allows.

More suggestions appreciated as well.

Thanks guys.

Porfirio

Second Unit
Tom And Jerry: Spotlight Collection - The Premiere Volume
Tom And Jerry: Spotlight Collection vol. 2
Futurama vol. 1 - 4
The Complete Superman Collection (Diamond Anniversary Edition)
Family guy vol. 1 - 2
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
Batman & Mr. Freeze: Sub-Zero
Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker
The Jetsons: The Complete First Season
[any] Justice League / Justice League Unlimited

adult-themed
Ninja Scroll
Spawn: The Ultimate Collection
Stripperella
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Here's another one to add to the list, but you have to import..

Popetown (www.popetown.com)

VERY OFFENSIVE (and funny), but SO OFFENSIVE that even the BBC refused to air it! Avaliable at amazon.co.uk

Rick P

Supporting Actor

It is.
It will.
Good Man. :D

I had forgotten that it has started to be released in the US.

Oh, CLONE HIGH is a Canadian only release, so amazon.ca is your friend.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Enjoyed both Ninja Scroll & Vampire Hunter D (and some others). Have them. Put them in different sections due to the themes, but I think I will move them back to Animation so people know I have them.

Same with Akira. I mean it fits well in both Animation & Action just as Vampire Hunter D could go in either Animation or Horror.

I also wasn't sure where to throw The Muppets, Pee Wee's Playhouse (no puns) & Fraggle Rock (not really animated), so I put them in the tv section.

Have Tom & Jerry too. I guess I forgot to list it. I thought I finished Animation. I guess I missed a few. I remember liking The Jetsons younger. I will have to try that out again. I think that may appeal more to my younger cousins now, but I'll try it out again. I'll watch it with them.

Family Guy & Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs? Both universally loved. I was just never able to get into either. I should for every reason like Family Guy (I liked South Park, The Simpsons, & Futurama). I just can't get into it at all for whatever reason. I never liked Snow White since I was a kid.

Popetown looks like something I might just have to buy without ever seeing. I don't really like doing that, but it looks wild and I can't find it anywhere else. I will probably be ordering that tonight.

Just bought Simpsons Season 1-3 from a garage sale this morning for $15 total for all 3 along with some other DVD's I will be adding. Not my favorite seasons, but for that price I couldn't resist. They look to be in excellent physical shape too.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles
Beast Wars
Beast Machines (coming soon)
Dilbert
Clone High (as others have mentioned)

...and for some anime recommendations:

s-CRY-ed
Wolf's Rain
Samurai Champloo
Trigun
Last Exile
RahXephon

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers: Aimed towards kids. But, does have some good adult stories.

Exosquad: Not on dvd yet. But, the entire series is one big story-arc. Characters died and stories were great.

Star Blazers

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Pom Poko
Kiki's Delivery Service
Spirited Away
Robin Hood (Disney)
The Incredibles
Wallace & Gromit
He Man and the Masters of the Universe (some of Batman's Paul Dini's early work)
Thundercats (Rankin)
Year Without a Santa Claus
Batman Beyond - Return of the Joker (The Original Uncut Version) - (this one is not for kids, but if you are a fan of Batman, you should see this one)

Paul

John*D

Second Unit

With Fantastic Four the first season is pretty cheesy. The Animation isn't that good. Also, the dialog for Reed Richards is ridiculous he's always talking about some scientific mumbo-jumbo.

However, the 2nd season is so much better. It's more in line with the animation style of MARVEL's other 90's toons like X-MEN and Spider-man.

So don't freak out if you rent the first disc and don't like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks