What's new

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season Five (1 Viewer)

Van Patton

Second Unit
yea me too. I watched Opening Night recently and the final scene is Larry motioning to Cheryl that he still has one hour left. Should be interesting!

Galen_V

Second Unit
Loved the High Holiday ticket bit, especially the scalper. I'm not sure about the whole adoption storyline yet but we'll see how it plays out over the next couple episodes.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The idea of buying scalped tickets for temple is hilarious.

All the stuff with Richard Lewis was funny too. "Ohhh, how come I don't get a sandwich?!!"

And Larry telling Cheryl during sex to 'Call me Mr. Tibbs' had to be one of the funniest lines I've ever heard. :)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The jokes didn't seem on par with past seasons. While it was funny, the same ol' jokes seem to be getting a bit stale.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
YEah, luved the scalper. He is on all the HBO shows now. Was Spiros in the wire season2, was the guy for Warners in Entourage and now the scalper on CYE.

todd stone

Screenwriter
the guy from six feet under was the restaurant owner, *one of ruth's lovers*

thought the episode was OK.... not the best. Had some funny moments.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
A little underwhelming for an opener, but only because expectations are so high and the wait seems so long. Anything with Jeff and Suzy is great and Larry's dad is funny just being on screen.

Also, not surprised to see Richard Lewis as he is all over lately with his concert DVD.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Agree with those who were underwhelmed. Some funny bits, but the scenes of Larry almost drowning and his Dad having the stroke were not funny. Evokes too much negative emotion.

The laugh out loud bits were the Mr. Tibbs line and Larry retracting introducing his manager's wife as his own.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
It's funny you mention that. I found the old woman's death to be a bit too sad rather than funny. I laughed because it reminded me of the "Bosco" bit on Seinfeld, but it still had that "Awww! The poor old lady" thing to it.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I decent season opener, but it had some problems, IMO. It was sort of all over the map, without a cohesive center. That's not unexpected, a lot of the CYE (and Seinfeld) episodes are like that, but there was some "glue" missing to keep the bits and pieces together... but it worked better the second time I watched it, for some reason. :)

I LOVED the look of pure joy on Larry's face when he found out he was adopted! :D:D He is a sick man. :D I also loved the ending with the doctor getting his hand squeezed by Leo, and the look on Larry's face then too. :D

This is one of those shows that in retrospect is a lot funnier than when watching it... not laugh out loud funny, but it has stayed with me and I've been chuckling about it a lot since I saw it. :D

The death of the old woman wasn't funny per se, but it was funny "in context" to me. Once again, not LOL funny, but worked for the overall story. I wonder if they'll pick up on this again?

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

Larry almost drowning is a setup for the part where Susie says that maybe he'll be nice to people, and Larry, being oblivious, says that he is nice to people. It wasn't a very funny joke, though.

Larry grabbing the mints after the paramedics take his father away was hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks