What's new

Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Coming To DVD! (1 Viewer)

Aaron Handy III

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Handy III
I'd copy the enitre story, but for reasons unknown, TVShowsOnDVD.com won't allow such a thing.

I sure hope New Tom & Jerry/Grape Ape isn't too far off! (And the timing couldn't be more appropriate: the year 2006, the 30th Anniversary of the premiere of The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour on ABC Saturday Morning, too!)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Here's a link to the story.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4170

The reason Gord did that is because too many times people at DVDTalk would copy and past the article into a forum post, and not only never would post a link to the story (obviously we prefer to get the site traffic), but nutty as it seems they would never even mention our site as being the source of the info. I warned him that people would misunderstand this from time to time, as you apparently did, but the frustration factor was just too high for him and he was sick of it. So he did something about it.

John*D

Second Unit
Scooby fans should be happy today...

------------------
Copying&Pasting New Items

There is also the factor that NEWS changes. Specs, artwork, release dates, etc can change and TVsoD will update new stories accordingly.

If you just Copy & Paste a news story, those reading these posts won't always have the most up to date information.

:star: Plus there is the fact that you should always give credit where credit is due...

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

John, that's actually one of the reasons I added the code. We posted some news and had to update it with some critical changes, but the information was already copied/pasted to DVDTalk and caused a slight disturbance. It took about a day to calm the posters there down because everyone was quoting the wrong information that someone copied/pasted to the thread.

So far I've received 4 direct complaints, and two were from people that wanted to copy/paste the news into forums.

Gord
P.S. I should also mention that there's been a significant decrease in people copying/pasting entire news articles at DVDTalk after the code was added.

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
Woot! This one is half hour Scooby Doo Show right? If I'm thinking right this is the one that most resembles the original show but with dum in it as well. Can wait for this one.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'd rather have The 13 ghosts of Scooby-Doo!
Love that first episode.

Scrappy: Uncle Scooby don't...

Scooby & shaggy opening the chest , releasing all the ghosts.

Scrappy: Nevermind!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Great news. I was hoping they wouldn't break this up and release it as it was originally. This is the last Scooby Show worth owning for me. :emoji_thumbsup:

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Yeah I was wondering when they'd release the season 3 of Scooby Doo Where are you. I have the seasons 1 and 2 box set.
Scooby Dum and Dee are both in it I hope and the theme song changes too doesn't it.

Wait a minute, is this Scooby Doo Where are you Season 3 we're talking about with Dum and Dee in it with the new theme that goes. Everyone is here for a brand new show, a dog that everyone loves the most I don't know some lines but this part

Cause Come on everyone til the mystery is solved. Hang around for Scooby Doo
Yep Thats My Pal

Aaron Handy III

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Handy III
Wish they didn't put the release date so bloomin' far off! :angry:

I'm just gonna have to bide the time watching my VHS recordings of Dynomutt Dog Wonder (which I cut from Cartoon Network in March 1998) and 1976 Scooby-Doo installments (which recently reurfaced on Boomerang as part of Cartoons Without A Clue), in preparation for my purchase of The Complete Series of the one, the only, the original Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour on DVD, for which we are waiting with baited breath. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. :D

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Kozlowski
I bought this set and much to my dismay, the original opening and theme to the Scooby Doo Dynomutt Hour is nowhere to be found on the discs. The Scooby eps. have the "Scooby Doo Show" opening and closing and Dynomutt has the "Dynomutt, Dog Wonder" opening and closing seen on Boomerang/Cartoon Network. Also, Scooby eps are in much better shape than Dynomutt which are grainy with muffled audio. My guess is that the hotter property, Scooby Doo, must have had some restoration done a few years back and the Dynomutts are just a straight transfer. Very disconcerting about the presentation since the back cover art even quotes from the "catchy themsong" that doesn't even appear on this set. Very disappointing. :angry:

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I heard tale that the Dynomutt episodes were cut too, likely for syndication.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
It is really strange, the Scooby Doo episodes on this set looked much, much better VQ wise than both the original Scooby Doo, Where Are You? and A Pup Named Scooby Doo.

Paul

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
I picked up this set to continue my classic Scooby collection, but I really dislike being forced to by it with the other toon that I will never watch. This season of Scooby had some decent episodes and the remaining 70s scooby also had some good ones and I look forward to buying them,but to me Pup and the newer ones are too different to even have the name.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
^^^
This was the same show, just like Huckleberry Hound, Pixie & Dixie and Yogi Bear are part of the same show, The Huckleberry Hound Show, they belong together. Also I am greatful that Dynomutt made it to DVD, I just wish they actually put some effort into making the
presentation better.

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Kozlowski

Agreed. I know this is silly but part of the anticipation of this release was seeing the shows presented the way they were back when I was at the tender age of 4. At least with the Challenge of the Superfriends (which also originally aired as an hour long show), Warner's separated the the 2 half-hour components of that show into separate releases so I knew what I was in for.

Aaron Handy III

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Aaron Handy III

Ohhhhhhkay...so it wasn't worth the wait. :rolleyes:

I have reason to believe this is the latest in numerous mistreatings Warner committed to a handful of HBGC DVD releases. Scott Awley has said that Warner has been instructed time and time again about the original format---one opening credit bridging the two shows---and still they got it wrong! In other words, either WHV can't be trusted or someone on the inside unwittingly screwed up how the masters should be manufactured. Ultimately a mystery nobody will be able to solve. I bet it might have been a little better had Turner Home Entertainment still handled the releases. :confused:

The HB "rainbow" end production slate and seeing "Scared A Lot In Camelot" painstakingly restored (as opposed to the substandard-quality 16mm print still shown on TV) are about the only saving graces to the set. Still...we fans deserve better. Much better. :thumbsdown:

Anyone out there have a 16mm print of bridging sequences from the original Scooby Doo/Dynomutt Hour?

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Just picked up my finally finished completed Scooby Doo Where are You set with the Scooby/Dynomutt Hour.

I also will be picking it up for my nephew next month for his birthday, as I have got him into Scooby Doo Where are You series.

The packaging is quite alot better for this new set. But I hate double sided DVD's why did they do that for disc 3 and 4? It was quite dumb for only the last set had them all on 4. And the discs are all presented all on top of each other. Also each disc only has a few episodes on each. They could have put 4 episodes on each disc and still have room for the extras so why the double sided for the last 2 discs?

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
JUST BRINGING THIS BACK UP IN CASE SOMEONE CAN ANSWER THIS PART ABOUT THE LAST 2 DISCS BEING DOUBLE SIDED WHEN NOT THAT MANY EPS WERE DONE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks