What's new

CSI: Season 6 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
A new season starts tonight for the original CSI. The whole team is back together, but for how long, and why?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I saw the finale last night for the first time, though I did miss a few bits during. I read on the Season 5 thread that 2 girls were shot at the beginning, Didn't know that. (Perhaps one of those Tarentino things, like Kill Bill) And the girl who was smirking at the end. Perhaps she was thinking of how she'd get back at Nick when she was out and that plays out tonight?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
My favorite line was from Brass. He (incorrectly) tells her how she killed her husband and she denies saying that it's the craziest thing she ever heard. And he tells her "It wouldn't even make my top ten." :)

As for the above questions, I haven't seen that episode since it first aired so I forget.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Grissom and Archie are on the track of Gordon's possible accomplice, that's this season's underlying thread.

Warrick blindsides Catherine when it's noticed that he's wearing a wedding ring, and he is indeed married. Warrick notices how Catherine has treated this development in an aloof manner, and Catherine comes clean with her flirtatious attraction to him (she called it a fantasy of sorts) has come to a close with his marriage.

Nick still gets the heebie-jeebies with bugs as a side-effect of his traumatic experience in last season's finale.

Sarah calls Eric a cannibal after getting some human liquified remains explode in his face. Ick.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
Nothing new here. This show will be around till people get tired of it. Same old formulaic CSI.

ho hum..

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
The new opening title sequence was interesting...I like that sort of thing, so I always notice them.

I also like that this one didn't wrap everything up at the end, and will continue. It's a small sign that they're trying new things.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I have two questions...

Why is it so dark in their office building? Don't they have lights?

I mean, I know if they are outside, at night, it will be dark, but why not turn on a light or two when you are inside a government building?

Secondly, can someone remind me of who that new girl is? The ex detective. I assume she was in an earlier episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
She is Sofia Curtis (Louise Lombard), who was running the swing shift until Ecklie got his promotion to running the entire CSI division last season, and then Ecklie made Catherine the swing shift supervisor, and basically "demoted" Sofia to working with Grissom on the late shift, which caused some tension amongst the crew. The actress worked on the show last season, but had to conceal her pregnancy during filming of her later episodes. Now she looks really fit, definitely lost the pregnancy pounds.

I didn't get how she is now a detective, but I happened to be doing a little surfing online, with CSI playing in the background for a little bit early in the episode, so if they explained her new role, I missed it.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

I wasn't paying as much attention to that part as I should have been, either, but I gather that she was a cop waiting for her gold shield but office politics somehow got her shunted into the CSI lab. She evidently left Las Vegas and made detective somewhere else, then came back when a position opened up. I gather her mother is either an influential politico or a high-ranking police officer/exec (shades of Holly Gribbs from the pilot) and Curtis may have been the victim of a little political payback over something her mother did.

Regards,

Joe

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
CSI is one great show! I loved the Season premier. And I have to say, the Cannibal part was halarious!! That and: the trunk turns into a crock pot and Car Condom. lol

Who else loves the storyline between Catherine and Warrick?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

No, I usually have a pretty high gross-out threshold. But that topped it.

I notice Greg found a face shield *after* he slurped down the soup.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
The wife and I both were saying "Why in the hell doesn't Greg have a shield on?" when he was messing with the goo in the first place. Then the goo jumped up and landed. I thought it was funny when Greg says "Grissom would have tasted it first."

I liked the bit between Katherine and Warick. I knew he got married because of what happened to Nick but I wonder how long is going to last.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Is there a place (or a kind poster) that can give me a break down of the episode, especially the ending. CSI did it again - it lost my interest but I still want to know what happens, thanks.

Just to note, QT's finale last year was amazing.

Ryan

Rob T

Screenwriter

No. She was on day shift under Ecklie then Ecklie got the promotion and she became the acting supervisor for the day shift.
When Ecklie shifted everybody around, Curtis got demoted to night shift under Grissom, the swing shift supervisor was promoted to the day shift supervisor and Catherine got the swing shift.

Scott Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
Also when Archie says to Grissom do you want to hear what Nick recorded on the tape he says NO. Grissom knows what he said because he read his lips well he was in the box.

I am sure this will be another on going theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks