What's new

New LCD TV Owner - Need some Help (1 Viewer)

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Hey all,

Some of you may have been following my Buying TV Soon Thread. I finally got it the other day and I love it. I had decided on Sony's KLV-S32A10 and am very happy.

I do have a few settings questions I'm hoping someone can help me with.

First off is the TV's Noise Reduction option. Is there any "downside" to using this? I was playing with it last night and each step up from low to high, did clear the picture up alot. It bothers me a bit that I had to use it though, so I am wondering is there a way to cleae up the picture without using that feature? The picture did have some noise, but I don't think it;s the TV. I think something else is causing it? My Cables maybe?

I'm watching only DVDs through a Component Cable I should mention. 480i. (I don't have a progressive scan player yet.)

I am going to get an HDMI player soon, and when I do will it probably give me a clearer picture?

When I use the NR feature like I said it doesn't really bother me, as long as it has no negative effects. I did notice one that that only happens when it's on: When a part in a movie scene goes totally black, the afterimage stays on the screen till new motion comes and covers it.

So just some thoughts on that feature and weather I should mind using it.

Oh one more thing. what should I be using when I need to clean off the LCD screen? As you can imagine... I wanna tear this thing like china... :)

Dean_S

Second Unit
I can't really help you with the NR question but I clean my Sharp Lcd with a 50/50 mix of alcohol/distilled water and a good quality microfiber cloth. I buy waynestowels.com or tropi-care.com MF cloths b/c they are very well known in the automotive circles for having quality MF towels that won't scratch and I only treat my vehicles to the best (better then I treat myself).

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
I'm really starting to worry about the noise on my Tv if something is wrong with it... or something else. I had hoped this would be easily answered. Apparantly this isn't a common LCD thing. :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks