What's new

Buy a HD TV for the first time (1 Viewer)

John HJr

Auditioning
While i may be new to the HD segment i have been doing some reading and am now totally confused. my main reason for buying a HD TV is for gaming,, ie Xbox360 and PS3, i was considering the samsung HLR##78W or the comparible Mitsubishi model with 1080p, but as i looked into these sets i noticed that neither one excepts 1080p input, i know that the xbox 360 is only780p/1080i output so either one of these tvs will be fine for that, but the PS3 is going to output at 1080p, so im looking for a tv that can handle that. will i lose that much with going with either the samsung or the mitsu, when i get PS3. i have heard that HP is coming out with a DLP that accepts 1080p, but is it really that great of a tv

Dean_S

Second Unit
There was a thread last week about someone having a problem with gaming on a DLP. The problem was the processing the TV does creates a delay making gaming on the set difficult for some games and impossible on others. I can't remember which model Samsung he had or which forum I read it on (here, avsforum, or audioholics???). Just be sure you buy from somewhere that allows returns or choose another display type that is not known for a processing delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks