Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Buy a HD TV for the first time

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   John HJr

John HJr

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted September 22 2005 - 06:04 AM

While i may be new to the HD segment i have been doing some reading and am now totally confused. my main reason for buying a HD TV is for gaming,, ie Xbox360 and PS3, i was considering the samsung HLR##78W or the comparible Mitsubishi model with 1080p, but as i looked into these sets i noticed that neither one excepts 1080p input, i know that the xbox 360 is only780p/1080i output so either one of these tvs will be fine for that, but the PS3 is going to output at 1080p, so im looking for a tv that can handle that. will i lose that much with going with either the samsung or the mitsu, when i get PS3. i have heard that HP is coming out with a DLP that accepts 1080p, but is it really that great of a tv

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,643 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted September 22 2005 - 09:48 AM

Check out this thread:

http://www.hometheat....hreadid=242352
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Dean_S

Dean_S

Second Unit

• 261 posts

Posted September 22 2005 - 10:11 AM

There was a thread last week about someone having a problem with gaming on a DLP. The problem was the processing the TV does creates a delay making gaming on the set difficult for some games and impossible on others. I can't remember which model Samsung he had or which forum I read it on (here, avsforum, or audioholics???). Just be sure you buy from somewhere that allows returns or choose another display type that is not known for a processing delay.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   John HJr

John HJr

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted September 22 2005 - 03:07 PM

If not DLP what system would work for gaming?

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Ralph B

Ralph B

Supporting Actor

• 583 posts

Posted September 23 2005 - 09:33 AM

I run Xbox on my DLP projector and I never seen any delays or problems ever.