What's new

NCIS season 3 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Some new faces will show up as viewers were shocked by what happened in the last 15 seconds of last season's finale.

Gibbs will have to deal with an ex-flame who's now his boss, and Tony will have to deal with a new NCIS agent who's pretty much the antithesis of Kate, and is probably more than Tony or Probie could handle, collectively.

The hunt is on for Ari.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
This is the season premiere that I've been waiting for all summer. (I've been waiting for Lost, too, but only since finishing the DVD's last week:D).

I wonder how soon after the end of last season will they pick up the action. It would be dramatically more interesting to see the characters still reeling from the last 15 seconds of the season finale.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I have 2 sides of feelings about the season opener. I was sad in seeing how the immediate aftermath played out, I actually had a lump in my throat at times, but thankfully the visions of Kate to the NCIS crew on an individual basis were quite funny and allowed for some playfulness to provide some levity of her sudden passing.

When jarred me was the sudden change, literally in the middle of the evening once Jenny (Lauren Holly) shows up, and Gibbs changes in the blink of an eye from stunned NCIS leader to a horn-dog of Tony-proportions. If I didn't know any better, weeks had passed, but it was still just maybe half a day by the end of the episode since Kate was gunned down.

Now, the introduction of Ziva confuses me because if she sticks around for the season, then her allegiance to Ari feels like a double-double agent type of thing.

But, this season is off to a roaring start, and the chemistry appears to be intact for now.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I liked it. I really didn't like the fact that they had to make it a two parter though.

I will be watching this season to see how things develope.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Very fun. And great visits by Kate. Any guesses if Ari will die, or will they keep him around for later stories?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Missed the first 20 minutes or so. I think I tuned in about the time Ducky is talking to Kate on the slab. Could someone give me an overview? It seemed odd that the characters didn't seem more sad, so I figure I missed something. Thanks!

Nelson

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
In light of Katrina, what I thought was an incredible coincidence was the New Orleans reference for Kate and the music that Abby argued about playing on Kate's behalf, during the episode (over what was appropriate to play before or after a funeral New Orleans-style, I think).

Evan M

Second Unit
As I recall, Abby getting shot at is what snapped Gibbs out of his nice-phase... he didn't just all of a sudden get better.

The visions each person had of Kate were done well... and show you they are still thinking about her, but it is their memories of here that are encouraging them not to mope and to get out there and do their jobs.

I enjoyed the episode. The fact that a sniper was watching Ducky at the end, and it wasn't Ari is a bit intriguing... Gibbs, perhaps?

Can't wait for next week.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Of course, at the moment, she thinks he is innocent. We have seen someone that looks just like Ari do the shooting, so he's guilty or it's his evil twin.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I thought it was a cool bit where Gibbs lets Abby know the sniper rifle that Ari used was referred to as a "Kate". We got a little background on Gibbs that we didn't know before in that we found out he was a sniper in the Marines.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Considering Mark Harmon was QB-ing in college for UCLA in the early 1970's, he might be "that" old (born in 1951).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Was it wrong to laugh at Gerald attempts at driving Ducky's Morgan? I couldn't help it.

The resolution of the Kill Ari saga opened up more questions than it answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks