Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

PSP Madden- Anyone here planning to purchase and play online?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Brian Price

Brian Price

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted September 20 2005 - 03:42 AM

I saw that Madden is coming out on the PSP today or tomorrow. It's supposed to have online "infrastructure" mode meaning you can play others online. Is anyone planning on purchasing this game? I've read two reviews, one gave it a 7.9 the other gave it an 8.5. Both reviews complained about the ridiculous load times for the game. I'm not sure yet whether or not I will purchase.

Brian

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Ken Chui

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

• 976 posts

Posted September 20 2005 - 06:20 AM

The answer is 'no', not while an exclusivity deal exists between EA and the NFL.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Brian Price

Brian Price

Stunt Coordinator

• 99 posts

Posted September 20 2005 - 07:20 AM

While I agree the whole exclusivity deal was a crock of "you know what" I feel torn on the issue. It will probably be the only football game out for the PSP and I'm a big football fan. It's the only way I can play my 2-0 Bengals on the PSP! Posted Image

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Ken Chui

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

• 976 posts

Posted September 20 2005 - 08:48 AM

Quote:
It will probably be the only football game out for the PSP

As far as the NFL is concerned, you're on the money. Posted Image Nevertheless, Midway's Blitz: The League is still on tap for an October release, and even though the PS2 and Xbox versions will be available this year, it's possible that a PSP version could be announced somewhere down the line. There are lingering rumours that 2K Sports are working on a football game of their own, enlisting the talents of retirees and HOFers. Nothing concrete at this time, but you never know.

Quote:
It's the only way I can play my 2-0 Bengals on the PSP!

I watched a bit of the telecast this past Sunday and was impressed with Palmer's development and leadership thus far. They could be a fun team to watch (it certainly beats tuning in to a Browns' broadcast Posted Image )

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,605 posts

Posted September 20 2005 - 11:08 PM

i probally would, but it would be some time, probally months, as I'm busy with Burnout Legends and Burnout Revenge(online) and today I get Genji and X-men Legends II(online)

all-banner.jpg

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   RichardK

RichardK

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted September 21 2005 - 04:36 AM

I might buy it. I'm curious about the loading time deal though. Is it when starting up a game for the first time? or is it during the game itself?

I have Tiger Woods for the PSP and it takes about 30 seconds to get the round started. Long, but the payoff is worth the 'wait'. In between holes it takes about 10-15sec or so. Again, the payoff is worth the wait. I have played through and am 97% complete on this game, so load time complaints are seriously overblown if you realize the payoff far out ways the wait time...shi* the original PS had tough load times too, it didnt hurt the HW or SW sales back then.

I'll post back if i pick up the game. I really want some of that infrastructure online action!!!

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Dean C

Dean C

Second Unit

• 361 posts

Posted September 29 2005 - 11:06 AM

Im looking to see if PSP will bring out EA NHL Hockey rather than another Gretzky hockey, b4 I buy Madden.

Madden looks cool.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Kevin Clemons

Kevin Clemons

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted September 29 2005 - 12:23 PM

I am playing it and it reminds me a lot of early madden on the PS1. Control is strictly passing icons with no pump fakes and limited "precision passing", also the yellow cone is not available, nor are laterals. Still, great to have a portable football game so at least worth a look.

Kevin

Forum Nav Content I Follow