What's new

Problem with subwoofer using pro logic II (1 Viewer)

Mikolay.P

Auditioning
Hi
First post from down under and I seem to be having some problems with my sound system. I think that the problem began when ergon energy stuffed the power in our suburb, cutting it and making it low voltage/current? for a time, as only a few things worked and the lights were dim. My home theatre system is made up of a Denon DVD 1400, Denon AVR 1803 and Magnat motion series speakers. Some of the settings changed after this happened and then I setup the system again. Now when I play a CD through our DVD player, using Pro Logic II the subwoofer seems as if it doesnt even work. When I change the amp to direct or Rock Arena etc it works fine, actually making bass. The cross over frequency is set to 80Hz on the amp and other settings on default, and im pretty sure before the power inccident, even on Pro Logic II the subwoofer made sounds.Im prepared to make a damages claim to ergon, so if anyone could help or share advice as to how to fix the amp or subwoofer that would be great.
Cheers
Prospero

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
Prospero, I have a Marantz, not a Denon, but maybe my experience will help.

You can set the crossover, but unless you have a least one set (L/R, C, or surrounds) of speakers set to Small, PLII will not send anything to the sub. You would think that the crossover setting would be disabled if your speakers are all set to Large, but the Marantz doesn't clue you in.

Good luck.
Doug

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There's nothing to clue you in to. If you have all speakers set to large, then only material with an LFE (DD, DTS) track will have any information TO send to the sub, which is normal.

To the original question - if it sounds normal in one mode, then it probably isn't damaged. How do you have the sub connected to the receiver? Is it active (self powered) or passive (powered by the receiver or other amp)?

Adam Redman

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam Redman
I want to give a huge shout out to this thread, I was looking for an hour without really knowing what I was looking for. I just knew that my default settings weren't using my sub in stereo only movies or any CD or streaming music. After getting a better idea what PLII actually did, I was able to find this, and the simple switch from large to small front made all the difference. THANK YOU!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks