Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Wings is FINALLY coming to DVD!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#1 of 40 Mack P.

Mack P.

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted September 18 2005 - 10:18 AM

If you have read on the front page of the site then you'll noticed that Wings has finally been annouced to be coming to DVD in "06.

I don't know about anybody else but I'm very excited because I'm a big fan of that show. Steven Weber, Thomas Haden Church, Tim Daly, and Crystal Benard were all very good on the show. It also made that guy who plays Monk (can't remember his real name) popular as well.

#2 of 40 John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted September 18 2005 - 10:32 AM

I'm surprised they didn't mention Tony Shalhoub's fame for his show MONK or Timothy Daly, even though his last two show's have been cancelled (Fugitive/EYES).

I'd probably get this show whenever it's released even though I was a casual viewer.

#3 of 40 Angela_K

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator

• 230 posts

Posted September 18 2005 - 10:59 AM

I'm definitely getting this, glad it's finally coming to DVD Posted Image Posted Image

#4 of 40 Sue_New

Sue_New

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts

Posted September 18 2005 - 11:50 AM

Woot! I love this show. I loved seeing Steven Weber on Once and Again. Makes me long for this show, too.

Yay!

#5 of 40 Keith I

Keith I

Screenwriter

• 1,000 posts
  • LocationFive-Oh!

Posted September 18 2005 - 02:03 PM

I wonder how Paramount would release Season 1 since it was only six episodes. Releasing it together with Season 2 (ala Sliders) would be nice but Season 2 is already a full-length season at 22 episodes. 28 episodes would fit on five discs (hope it wouldn't affect A/V quality though).

If they do release only Season 1, I hope it's really inexpensive if they're not going to include any extras.

#6 of 40 Angela_K

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator

• 230 posts

Posted September 18 2005 - 02:17 PM

Season One had 8 episodes, so hopefully they'll release the first two seasons together Posted Image

#7 of 40 Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted September 18 2005 - 02:50 PM

Excellent! Another great sitcom to add to the library.Posted Image Definitely gonna pick this up.Posted Image
Recently watched- Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith, Star Wars: Attack Of The Clones, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Beauty and The Beast: Season 3, Mad Max 2, Mad Max, Wonder Woman(1974), Batman: Year One, The Adventures Of Tin Tin 3D, I,Frankenstein 3D

Currently watching- Planet Earth, The Twilight Zone: Season 1, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, Simon & Simon: Season 3

"That's no moon. It's a space station."

#8 of 40 Angela_K

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator

• 230 posts

Posted September 18 2005 - 03:49 PM

With Tony Shaloub winning another emmy tonight, I wonder if that might help get it released sooner? Posted Image

#9 of 40 Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter

• 1,317 posts

Posted September 18 2005 - 03:55 PM

Definitely the best new to DVD release info I've heard in a while. Paramount seems to like to release their shows quickly so even if Seasons One and Two aren't packaged together we probably won't have to wait too long for a Wings fix. I'd like some extras too but Paramount's a little hit and miss with their TV extras.
"Oh I can hold my breath for a long, long time!"

http://www.dvdprofil....s=TromaFiend02

#10 of 40 Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted September 18 2005 - 03:58 PM

Yippee!!! Another one from my "most wanted" list...finally announced!

I know Dave Lambert must be thrilled too...I believe he's wanted this one for a long time too...and I hope he enjoyed finally getting to make the announcement! Posted Image

Gomer Pyle confirmed too... Definitely a good news day.

#11 of 40 John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted September 18 2005 - 05:40 PM

http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=4142

I wasn't disappointed about the other cast members not being mentioned in the original news story.

I was just wondering why Tom was the only was listed as having a big to do post WINGS. Since the other guys have had stuff going on over the past several years rather than his recent publicity.

p.s. I had no idea Tim Daly did the voice of Superman on S:TAS. Someone by the name of George Newbern apparently has beeing doing the voice for JL and JLU? I could have sworn the voices are the same?

#12 of 40 Andy_Bu

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

• 929 posts

Posted September 19 2005 - 01:39 AM

Quote:
I'm surprised they didn't mention Tony Shalhoub's fame for his show MONK

Maybe he wasn't mentioned because he was not in Season One? I believe he joined the cast for Season Two

Andy

#13 of 40 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,381 posts

Posted September 19 2005 - 01:26 PM

I *did* mention Tony and Tim, but I coded the HTML tag wrong in the link to Monk and so it hid the entire sentence until I corrected it. I hadn't seen this set of posts here; I got a few e-mails from readers, scolding me for only mentioning one guy on the cast, and so I was like "hey, wait a sec, I DID talk about some of those guys!" Then I realized what happened and fixed it, and posted my note at the bottom.

One person asked why I failed to mention Crystal, and I had to painfully point out that she didn't have that many TV projects going on lately. Too bad...she's a fave of mine among the cast. And yes, I was very pleased to pass on the announcement. Note that I said "passed on", because this is SitcomsOnline.com's news, not mine. Posted Image

Having said that, to this news I must say...

...YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (dances around the room naked)
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#14 of 40 Angela_K

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator

• 230 posts

Posted September 19 2005 - 01:36 PM

Thanks for correcting that David, I didn't think you had deliberately left off Steven or Tony. Posted Image

I sooooo can't wait for this DVD. I think I might dance around the room naked too Posted Image :b

#15 of 40 george kaplan

george kaplan

Executive Producer

• 13,064 posts

Posted September 19 2005 - 02:26 PM

No offense David, but I think I'll picture Angela dancing naked instead of you. Posted Image
"Movies should be like amusement parks. People should go to them to have fun." - Billy Wilder

"Subtitles good. Hollywood bad." - Tarzan, Sight & Sound 2012 voter.

"My films are not slices of life, they are pieces of cake." - Alfred Hitchcock"My great humility is just one of the many reasons that I...

#16 of 40 Angela_K

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator

• 230 posts

Posted September 19 2005 - 02:27 PM

Now I'm really blushing :b

#17 of 40 RobinO

RobinO

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted September 20 2005 - 03:14 AM

David -

I am as excited as you are about this show being released since it is one of my all-time favorites.

Once the initial excitement wore off I started to panic about whether this will be syndicated versions or the whole show. How is the track record for the studio that is going to release this set?

Robin
Who just can't be happy for more than a minute that her show is being released.

#18 of 40 Angela_K

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator

• 230 posts

Posted September 20 2005 - 05:26 AM

It's Paramount that owns Wings, and I think their track record is pretty good Posted Image

#19 of 40 RobinO

RobinO

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted September 20 2005 - 05:43 AM

I hope you are right Angela.

Of course, I would probably buy it either way since it is my favorite. I'm too weak to hold out.

Robin

#20 of 40 Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter

• 1,500 posts

Posted November 17 2005 - 10:11 AM

Paramount has put up a placeholder on their web site for media (not open for the public) that is named: "Wings: Season 1 and 2"

So, it looks like a combined release, with the abbreviated season 1 and season two in one package.

No artwork available, yet. No date, either, but I'd estimate March/April.

-Scott