Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Help with VPH-1272Q setup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   James McNabb

James McNabb

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted September 17 2005 - 05:14 AM

Bought a used Sony CRT PJ and need help setting it up. The manual only has numbers for 4:3 and I have a 106" 16:9. Also, I have figured out that it was setup for a very large screen, so I need the Medium CRT spacers. Not sure about the part numbers, but could be 4-395-560 (M-OUT), 4-395-561 (M-IN). I have the Large spacers which are numbered 4-395-562 (L-OUT) and 4-395-563 (L-IN). Also, I had no idea how HUGE this thing was whe nI bought it online and I think I'm probably going to have ceiling mount this monster to keep it from eliminating too much viewing area in the room. Should I reinforce the ceiling joists for this? The space is over the garage and I can get to it. I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to the HT projector stuff and would appreciate any help that can be provided.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Wes

Wes

Screenwriter

• 1,190 posts
  • LocationUtah USA

Posted September 18 2005 - 05:48 PM

This would be your better resource for info on a CRT PJ. I ran a couple CTR's for a while and learned alot from the guy's over at AVS. http://www.avsforum....isplay.php?f=16
I never owned a Sony, except for one I bought for $400. and sold for $1900 the next week. My NEC was not to hard to set up for 4:3 or 16:9, I ran both using a scaler.

Wes
My Theater Web Site:
www.prosteering.8k.com

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   James McNabb

James McNabb

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted September 19 2005 - 12:48 PM

Thanks for the tip, Wes. I already found the CRT section over at AVS Forum. I realized after making this post that it was not in the right section, however I didn't see a way to move it. I originally googled for HT setup in Austin and found a group of guys in the Austin area on this forum, but they haven't proved very helpful. Even offered to pay one of the guys for a referral or to help tune the PJ, but got absolutely no reply. I'll proabably spend my time over at AVS.

Thanks, again.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Wes

Wes

Screenwriter

• 1,190 posts
  • LocationUtah USA

Posted September 19 2005 - 01:11 PM

Do a search on Sony Setup at AVS, I think there was a guide for Sony someone had made a while back.

Good luck!
My Theater Web Site:
www.prosteering.8k.com

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Colin Dunn

Colin Dunn

Supporting Actor

• 717 posts

Posted September 19 2005 - 02:32 PM

James -

Looks from your subject line that you are in Austin. Have you been to one of the Austin meets yet or talked to anyone in the Austin threads?

I know JonathanDA has set up a CRT projector before (he has one in his HT), so he may be able to give you some hints on getting started. I think he's using a Barco instead of a Sony, but he (with the help of some friends) ceiling-mounted and calibrated his projector himself.

Try reposting your question in one of the Austin threads, and you might get a response from someone nearby.

I'm a digital projector kind of guy, so I don't have any good answers to your questions. But maybe someone else will step in with the exact information you need...
Colin Dunn

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   James McNabb

James McNabb

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted September 20 2005 - 01:04 PM

Colin,
Thanks for the tip. I originally intended to post this in the Austin DIY forum, but being my first post, I screwed it upPosted Image

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   ReneZam

ReneZam

Stunt Coordinator

• 56 posts

Posted September 29 2005 - 10:50 PM

i too have a Sony 1272q how are you running it? direct from s-video or thru some kinda of scaler HTPC this will help with the 4:3 or 16:9 question? and as far as the spacers go there is a place that sells them contact me and i will send you the info since we can not promote any web sites i have a celling mount i can part with but i bought it from a wholesaler and i dont know if it is complete let me know if you need any spare parts i have a working 2nd unit that i can sell too...i went with a floor mount instead with a coffee table over it that i built just in case i ever need to replace the tubes lens or make any kind of ajustements i can save myself some neck pain i am no means a pro but i can be bribed with beer and food.. you are more than welcome to stop by my place and see how i have it set up im in san marcos

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Heath L.

Heath L.

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 13 2009 - 08:57 AM

Deleted-- OLD thread