What's new

Complete Boxsets (SATC - Buffy) (1 Viewer)

julienUK

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks to TVSOD I learned that full boxsets of sex and the city and Buffy were about to be released.

I feel kind of let down by this.
I bought each boxset when they were released and waited quite a while to complete my collection.

So why shouldn't I get extras and a nice box to put the ones I have??

Studios should really give the option to buy any extra discs present in that kind of packages, and of course any 'nice' box that we could buy empty.

Same happenned here in the UK with Roswell, that I bought and then they made a very cool boxset with the 3 seasons.

I just cannot justify buying shows twice even if I'm a fan.

Was just wondering what other members were feeling about that kind of releases?

Thank u.

John*D

Second Unit
It sucks!

I just sold 4 seasons of Buffy in order to get the new set. I hear there is an ANGEL one coming too, I only have S1.

What they ought to do is let fans buy the box, similar to what they are doing for the WB's friends set.

I got the HIGHLANDER box for $1 + s/h and it's cool, even though it's basically just a shoe-box. :D

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I don't care when they just bundle all the seasons together into one big box. But as soon as an exclusive bonus disc is involved I get angry.

Chris

julienUK

Stunt Coordinator
I get angry too, becaus eI do not think that it is a way to treat consumers who made the effort to actually spend hard earned $$ to buy each box set.

Very annoyed on this one.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, with Friends I don't really see a point in getting mad since it's just the box. When they come with exclusive bonus features, it ticks me off.

John*D

Second Unit
Imagine if they do this with the Simpsons 13 years from now...

:angry: OWN all 30 seasons inside a GIANT Krusty Burger box plus a bonus disc not available anywhere else!

mmm... Krusty Burgers!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

I think that may be very difficult to do, and what would you do with just the box? The regular sets probably wouldn't fit in it.

Gord

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

In regards to Buffy, Fox will get people that would have never bought all the sets to pick it up by selling it relatively cheap AND they'll get a fair amount of the hardcore fans (which Buffy has in spades) to re-buy it too.

The short answer: They'll make even more money from the series by releasing it again in a complete set.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
If ANGEL were to be released that way, I most likely would get suckered into buying it and selling my originals.

John*D

Second Unit

I expect so, considering in R2 they are releasing an Angel collection on the same day they are releasing the R2 collection of Buffy (Oct 31)...

I only have the first season of Angel (which I still have yet to watch), but I got it during Amazon's $15 FOX sale. I'll probably watch it and then sell it in prep for a boxset. Whew!

Region 2 Angel Collection:

Jeff#

Screenwriter
When is the ANGEL series in a collector's set going to be released in Region 1 if anyone knows?

So far I purchased only the 1st season of that series, and passed on the others (although I viewed all 5 in first-run on the WB network).

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Mentioned this in an earlier topic on this, but I'm looking forward to the complete 7 years of Buffy (which I also watched in first-run on the WB for the first 5 years, and then the last 2 seasons on UPN). This show I held off from buying on DVD entirely the past few years to save money.

Guess it was worth the wait under the circumstances! :D:emoji_thumbsup:

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
Gord, the Buffy box they're producing isn't like the Friends one, it's not a big box for all of the existing seasons to be put in. This one has a complete restructuring of the presentation of the seasons. So what I'd do is just put the existing discs in the box, and I'll put the old boxes somewhere safe, so I still have them.

I've seen empty boxset boxes on eBaY before, so hopefully this isn't an exception.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Heh, I know exactly what this set is, and what the "Friends" set is. In order for you to find an empty box you'd have to find someone who took their DVDs out of all the cases, and the box, and stored them some other way. I can't see anyone buying this set and then discarding ALL the packaging. Remember, the DVD cases are different for this set; I doubt you could replace the cases inside this set with the previously released sets.

Gord

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
What happens when you buy this and a year from now you find out that disc 32 is defective? You're SOOL...
They should've done this right. Restore the "previously on's" make OMWF anamorphic. Heck, I'd even say remaster seasons 1 and 2 and fix the combing errors. But that's just me complainin'....

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator

I'm not sure you get what I'm saying. I'm going to keep the existing boxes somewhere else, and put JUST the old discs in the new packaging. Many people take the discs from TV show sets out and put them in DVD wallets and such, and then they have no use for the packaging. I've seen it on eBay quite frequently, so I doubt doubt it'll be that hard to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks