Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
DVD Reviews

HTF REVIEW: Fright Pack - Walking Dead

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Michael Osadciw

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter

• 1,326 posts

Posted September 15 2005 - 05:04 PM

THX/ISF Professional Video Calibrator
HIGHEST FIDELITY CALIBRATIONS

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Anthony*B

Anthony*B

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted September 16 2005 - 01:41 AM

good review! but to newbie horror fans, dont let some of the low scores fool you! if these are the same transfers as AB's previous versions of these films (& i suspect they are), you should know thatt they are, for all intents & purposes, the best transfers of these films domestically available....I am gonna recommend this set (because of the low low price to a buddy of mine because he, like me, is very interested in Euro-horror, particularly the zombie/Fulci stuff & he doesn't have a ton of $$$...I won't be getting it because I already bought the single edition of most of these, but to Euro cult fans on a budget this is a great set..

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Michael Osadciw

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter

• 1,326 posts

Posted September 16 2005 - 02:29 AM

Thanks for your input, Anthony. They are the same discs that were available as a single. Now all six of these discs have been packaged into a box for the purpose of a low-priced release for six films. In my opinion, these sets are a steal. Mike

THX/ISF Professional Video Calibrator
HIGHEST FIDELITY CALIBRATIONS

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   RoyM

RoyM

Stunt Coordinator

• 204 posts

Posted September 16 2005 - 05:43 AM

The Fright Packs are a great deal. I would be all over these but (sadly) while filling out my horror on DVD collection over the last several months, I already picked up many of the fringe AB titles in these packs individually at an average of around $10 per. Arrgggh!

Like everything in life, it's all about timing...

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Anthony*B

Anthony*B

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted September 16 2005 - 06:26 AM

timing indeed Posted Image like the bad timing i had a while back when I paid 50$+ for Fulci's Zombie on the old Anchor Bay disc & it became readily available a few weeks later Posted Image DOH!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DVD Reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users