What's new

"Ellen" season 3? (1 Viewer)

DavidBC

Second Unit
It's been over six months since season 2 and over a year since season one was released, any news on season 3? It would be a shame (and rather silly, I would think) to abandon this series before it reached the ground-breaking part of what the boxes of seasons 1 & 2 refer to as "the ground-breaking hit series". A&E has a good track record for following through on seasons, right? They rarely drop a series half-way, am I right?

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
There were 5 seasons. I'm a bit nervous about music rights as season 3 was the first to use the new opening music by Texas. Ellen also had the occasional musical guest star for the opening segment. Might be a problem as I don't think Ellen is high on A&E's priority list and they've already proven that they're willing to remove entire episodes due to music rights (as was the case with Profiler, and that one had an SRP of $100).

Chris

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
I have seen Ellen when it was ABC (I think) but I will buy the DVD's very soon because I don't have them yet and I hope they finish off this DVD very soon...

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
There are 3 more seasons to go and I hope to get all of them. The infamous episode aired towards the end of the fourth season, for those who are wondering. And despite the criticism at the time, the 5th and final season was quite good.

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
I e-mailed A&E this week and they said they have no current plans to release season 3. :thumbsdown:

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
ick, what's the point then? seasons 1 and 2 sucked and were only bought by me to get to the good seasons.

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
Well we can all write and tell them that. If they can release over 100 "Biography" DVDs they can release this.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I'm surprised A&E wouldn't try to milk Jeremy Piven's popularity on Entourage to help sell season 3. To me, season 3 is when the show found it's identity.

Hell, season 4 has the most famous episode in the entire run of the series, that would sell itself.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
"No current plans"

Does that mean it's not on the table, or that they've officially cancelled any further seasons? I'm curious.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
It's a big mistake to stop now. Because the legendary Puppy Episode is from season 4. That alone would be enough to get fans to buy that set, at least.

Thank goodness for Lifetime.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
are music rights the problem with the latter seasons? I know some people will be anal but I won't be upset if A&E just removes/changes the opening credits (as Ellen had a different group performing every week on her show), or hell... season 2 was so expensive (well, it was the same price as Seinfeld and Simpsons sets, two shows that are loaded with special features) that A&E could use some of that excess money and CLEAR MUSIC RIGHTS.

What I want are the episodes, not the "and this week, we have Alanis Morissette singing the theme song" beginnings that we had a lot of in seasons 3-5

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
You have to mail them through this ridiculous process on their website. I couln't get a direct e-mail address.

Claude North

Second Unit

David, you are absolutely right about that! I really enjoyed season five and never understood all the negativity surrounding it.

Actually, I think that seasons 3-5 would be easily promotable, what with Ellen's hit talk show, sexy Jeremy Piven's success on ENTOURAGE, and Joely Fisher joining the cast of DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I will echo what is being said at Sitcoms Online. If you like this show or know someone who does - get it ! If were are indeed lucky enough to get this new season despite supposedly slow sales then we should be grateful for it. Some shows need support more than others to keep them coming out. I'm putting this on pre-order just as soon as it becomes available.

Ellen (to her fellow bridesmaid at Paige's wedding):

"Oh how embarassing, we wore the same thing."

Roni F

Stunt Coordinator
I am so relieved and excited to hear the news that Season 3 will be coming out (heh :) ) after all! Thank you TVShowsOnDVD.com yet again for finding out what the real deal is. (Maybe A&E always responds with a "no current plans..." reply for all sets that have yet to be officially announced?)

I think 'Ellen' really came into its own in S3, and S4-5 are by far my favorite seasons. I sincerely hope that A&E will follow through and release all five. My collection will never be complete without them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks