Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

LOST season 2 discussion thread......

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3199 replies to this topic

#1 of 3200 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,936 posts

Posted September 12 2005 - 08:23 AM

Just figured since the show starts next Wednesday (9/21) I would start a discussion thread. Just to let people know that the hour before the season premier starts. ABC will be showing a special called Destination-Lost.

And a guest star spoiler
Jolene Blalock will be a guest star. Possibly in the season premier

Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 3200 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,345 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 12 2005 - 09:28 AM

Quote:
ABC will be showing a special called Destination-Lost.

Thanks for the heads up! This is probably Season Two's bonus discPosted Image

#3 of 3200 OFFLINE   Jefferson Morris

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor

• 823 posts

Posted September 13 2005 - 12:42 PM

Regarding that hour-long lead-in to the season premier, I have a little warning for TIVO users:

If, like me, you've set the Season Pass option to record an extra minute or two at the end of every Lost episode, then watch out: Your Tivo may record the lead-in show and opt not to record the actual season opener, since the two recordings technically overlap.

I discovered this very situation when I was randomly browsing upcoming To Do recordings. Naturally I corrected Tivo, as Caretaker Grady might have done (well, maybe not that harshly). I've got one of the older Tivo models, if that makes a difference.

--Jefferson Morris
"If fakes, they were masterpieces."

--The New York Times commenting on Willis O'Brien's dinosaurs in The Lost World (1925).

"From the two trailers I've seen, the movie looks like AIDS."--Recent thread post on AICN

#4 of 3200 OFFLINE   CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E

Screenwriter

• 2,171 posts

Posted September 13 2005 - 01:48 PM

Really looking forward to the premiere. Lost and Invasion back to back should make a great night of TV even better

capt

#5 of 3200 OFFLINE   Keith I

Keith I

Screenwriter

• 1,000 posts
  • LocationFive-Oh!

Posted September 17 2005 - 09:32 AM

One of the benefits of living here is being able to see the pilot and Season 2 premiere a week early:

http://the.honolulua....509150348.html

http://starbulletin....res/index1.html
(Read the third paragraph and if you saw her get Punk'd on MTV, you'd know why... Posted Image )

Alas, they show both when I can't make it... Posted Image

Anyone from Hawai'i who attended the sneak preview have any spoiler-free comments?

#6 of 3200 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,345 posts

Posted September 17 2005 - 10:30 AM

Over at AICN, I think they have two reviews- one spoiler filled and one that gives some info but isn't like a total breakdown of the episode. I want to stay away from spoilers all together so I don't know for sure what each review contains (in other words, read at your own riskPosted Image )

#7 of 3200 OFFLINE   Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

• 1,303 posts

Posted September 17 2005 - 12:22 PM

I read the spoiler - althought I will reserve my thoughts till after the episode airs. I figure it's the polite thing to do.
DVD Collection | Video Game Collection | Live Gamertag: vicodinjunkie

#8 of 3200 OFFLINE   Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,362 posts

Posted September 21 2005 - 03:00 AM

Finished season 1 tonight and am primed and ready for season 2. BTW turniphead's name is Aaron - which means exalted.

Big mystery moment from the season finale - Hurley boarding the plane and giving Walt the thumbs up. Then Hurley pulls out the comic book with the polar bear in it to read. What is up with that!? The second episode of season 2 is titled -'Everyone Hates Hugo'. Very interesting - and also probably a riff On Everyone Loves Raymond.
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

#9 of 3200 OFFLINE   alan halvorson

alan halvorson

Screenwriter

• 2,021 posts

Posted September 21 2005 - 03:53 AM

Quote:
Then Hurley pulls out the comic book with the polar bear in it to read. What is up with that!?

Hurley is Hispanic. The comic book is in Spanish. Hurley does seem the type that reads comic books. It survived the crash and was found by Walt. I wouldn't make anything of Hurley's thumbs up.

People associate the polar bear in the comic book and the polar bears on the island as every time we are shown Walt turning to the page containing the polar bear, the island's polar bear makes an appearance. I say there is no connection; Walt has undoubtedly read the comic book many more times that we haven't seen (not much reading material around for a kid). Did the polar bear show up every time? We can't know for certain, but I doubt it.
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

#10 of 3200 OFFLINE   Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,362 posts

Posted September 21 2005 - 05:21 AM

You may be right Alan but I think there is something more going on there.

#11 of 3200 OFFLINE   BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted September 21 2005 - 05:36 AM

I thought the MNF/Lost bit was pretty good.

#12 of 3200 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,345 posts

Posted September 21 2005 - 06:43 AM

Quote:
The second episode of season 2 is titled -'Everyone Hates Hugo'.

Just to be OCD, that episode is # 4. Posted Image

#13 of 3200 OFFLINE   Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,362 posts

Posted September 21 2005 - 07:18 AM

Thanks Travis - you are correct.

#14 of 3200 OFFLINE   Ray H

Ray H

Producer

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted September 21 2005 - 12:10 PM

Quote:
People associate the polar bear in the comic book and the polar bears on the island as every time we are shown Walt turning to the page containing the polar bear, the island's polar bear makes an appearance. I say there is no connection; Walt has undoubtedly read the comic book many more times that we haven't seen (not much reading material around for a kid). Did the polar bear show up every time? We can't know for certain, but I doubt it.
I don't know if I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly, but I'm pretty sure the producers wanted us to make the supernatural connection. Walt can make things happen. He made the bird fly into their glass door as he was reading the bird book, he always rolled the numbers he wanted, after visualizing it in his mind, he hit the target when throwing the knife, and then all that polar bear business.

Also, it looks like Good Morning America will be showing a deleted scene from tonight's premiere tomorrow morning. Anyone want to capture it? Posted Image
"Here's looking at you, kid."

#15 of 3200 OFFLINE   Mike Slade

Mike Slade

Second Unit

• 308 posts

Posted September 21 2005 - 12:28 PM

Quote:
Also, it looks like Good Morning America will be showing a deleted scene from tonight's premiere tomorrow morning. Anyone want to capture it?

If it's anything like the deleted scene they showed on GMA last season it won't be worth it.

#16 of 3200 OFFLINE   Ray H

Ray H

Producer

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted September 21 2005 - 01:53 PM

So...

The hatch is some sort of psychedelic love pad? Posted Image

#17 of 3200 OFFLINE   Michael Harris

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

• 1,344 posts

Posted September 21 2005 - 02:05 PM

Wow. Surprised by how much was revealed and yet still want to watch more. Will write more once the west coast has seen it.

#18 of 3200 OFFLINE   Ray H

Ray H

Producer

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted September 21 2005 - 02:07 PM

Yeah. Pretty interesting. Too bad we'll have to wait another week for more answers.

#19 of 3200 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,345 posts

Posted September 21 2005 - 02:16 PM

Quote:
Too bad we'll have to wait another week for more answers.

Actually it'll probably be two weeks since next week's episode will deal with the raft. Posted Image

That episode was great! They've given a glimpse of what is in the hatch and raised more questions surrounding it.

#20 of 3200 OFFLINE   Doug R

Doug R

Supporting Actor

• 787 posts

Posted September 21 2005 - 02:17 PM

That episode would have been much better as the season finale. Good episode and last season would have ended with a bang not a whimper.

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow