What's new

Best movie while stoned? (1 Viewer)

Dave>h

Second Unit
Not speaking from personal experience here but I have heard the following might be good under the influence:

Pink Floyd - The Wall
Fritz the cat (not sure if that is available on DVD)
Heavy Metal
The X-files series - and the Movie too
Any and all Star Wars films

That is all I can think of for now, seem to be experiencing a short term memory loss...

BennyD

Stunt Coordinator
Can't speak for stoned, but the following films are great for sitting around and watching with friends while intoxicated.

Big Lebowski
Jackass: the Movie
Night at the Roxbury

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
On the night of my bachelor party, my best man screened for us "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". I'd seen it before and couldn't get it, but he told me that if you were completely lacking in sleep or stoned (or both), you'd get the humor. We didn't get stoned that night, but we were up all night long, and I got the humor!

Other good ones:

Yellow Submarine
any of Cheech and Chong's movies :emoji_thumbsup:

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Is nobody wondering where there really is a "friend" whom Holadem is asking on behalf of? ;)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Hmmm...so no one here ever got stoned, eh? :rolleyes:;)

Well...it has been at least 13 or 14 years since I gave up the wacky tobacky but when I did enjoy scooby snacks some of the favorites I remember me and my friends watching...well...kind of remember...were Eraserhead - Clockwork Orange - The Wall - Heavy Metal - Fantastic Planet - Evil Dead 2 - Hellraiser - Dolls - Barberella - 2001 - Forbidden Planet - Liquid Sky - Repo Man - The Song Remains The Same - Roger Rabbit - Cheech & Chong - Dawn Of The Dead - Tommy - Altered States etc. etc.

...oh, and of course The Three Stooges! :D

P.S. Loooong before I ever got stoned I "got" Python....but I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Not something I've ever done (I've seen way too much damage done to friends).

However, to answer the question set, a friend swears that he developed a phobia of rabbits from watching Night of the Lepus. So maybe any film that doesn't feature giant rabbits wrecking unconvincing model towns can be recommended. Not sure that reduces the field all that much.

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
I also know a guy who knows a guy whose brother worked with a guy whose auto mechanic once told his sister in law's best friend's dog walker that this film also entertains highly when one is on 'shrooms. But that's just what I heard...

--Jefferson Morris

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Yup, my friend in question is more of a distant acquaintance, he lives in Kathmandu (Nepal) and needs this data for his graduate thesis.

Hear Haggai?

He prefers R1 DVDs however.

--
H

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I have never touched a single drug in my life, besides medicine and Tylenol, but my brother has done more than his share and he swears that Pink Floyd The Wall makes total sense if your out of your gord.

Night of the Living Dead would be a good one I would think, especially with a stoned friend who's never seen it, you could tell him it's the news and it's really happening and have fun watching him freak out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks