What's new

Seinfled Season 5 & 6 (1 Viewer)

ThomasMon

Stunt Coordinator
Will be released on Nov 22 per TV Guide online.

You can check out the news story by going to TV Guide website and clicking on news.

ThomasMon

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, I tried to post a link but it wouldn't let me because I don't have 15 posts yet! Sorry

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The good thing is, at this rate, we'll have the entire series by the end of '06. Would that be some kind of record? 8 full season releases of a show within a 2 year timeframe?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

I was thinking the same thing but it seems like there's always something that I forget about.

How many shows have both 1. run that long and 2. are being released on DVD? The first that come to mind are Mash and The Simpsons but they sure aren't out coming as fast as Seinfeld:)

DanMel

Second Unit
"8 full season releases"

Seinfeld has 9 seasons and not 8. They still could all be released by the end of 2006 if seasons 7 and 8 are released together and then season 9 is released.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think Will was referring to the number of season sets since Season One and Two were released as one set.

And based on the way they've been released so far, it seems like Season Seven will be released in May 2006 and Season Eight and Season Nine will be out in November 2006.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Yes, but Season one only consisted of 4 episodes (maybe 6, I can't remember the exact number) As we know, Seasons 1 and 2 were released in one package, so that's why I counted it as "8 full season releases"

Anyway, we should expect season 7 in Spring of '06 and seasons 8 and 9 in the Fall/Winter of '06 if they follow the release pattern they have been so far.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Once I have all of these sets I'll be the master of my domain.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
8 or 9 (however you count them) in 2 years won't be a record in terms of speed: Star Trek: TNG, ST: Deep Space 9, and Star Trek: Voyager all released 7 season sets each within a less-than-a-year period.

ST:V took 301 days to be released, and is the slowest of the 3 programs. The other two each had 280 days between the release date of the first and last season. That's 40 days average between sets.

Further, the Treks are an hour-long show, requiring 7 DVDs each for most of these sets (not counting Best Buy bonus discs), compared to 4 DVDs each for the Seinfelds.

No offense intended to Seinfeld fans...just setting the record (-holder) straight! :)

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John

Because The Simpsons has commentaries on every episode and is still on the air.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

But for Seinfeld, aren't they going back to the 35mm film and doing HD transfers? All episodes have "Notes about Nothing," and a few have audio commentaries and Inside Look featurettes. Each set usually includes a short documentary as well.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
A miniature "puffy shirt" in the gift set. That sounds like a pretty unique extra. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks