Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What Are The Odds We Will See Muppets Tonight On DVD?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   ChadKo

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted September 07 2005 - 04:38 PM

Remember that series that lasted like, 8 episodes circa 1994? I KNOW The Muppet Show was a VERY successful DVD release... who thinks THIS will come out? Chad

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,115 posts

Posted September 07 2005 - 07:58 PM

I think there's another thread about this but I really liked this show and hope it comes out after TMS season sets and the msc. specials, too. I'm not sure if the same people own Muppets Tonight, though.
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Colby

Colby

Stunt Coordinator

• 179 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 08 2005 - 10:17 AM

Disney owns Muppets Tonight, and I think there were about 22 episodes. I wouldn't be surprised if they put it out once the Muppet Show is done, if not before. And if they don't, I'm sure there will be much petitioning, phone calling, and emailing. Posted Image

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Joe:C

Joe:C

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted September 08 2005 - 11:12 AM

Here's the other thread. I would also like Muppets Tonight to eventually come to dvd.

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon

Screenwriter

• 2,071 posts

Posted September 08 2005 - 11:52 AM

Since I think that Season 1 of the Muppet Show has done pretty well, I wouldn't doubt it as long as the muppet sets continue to sell. I'd buy a complete MT in a minute just for the Garth Brooks episode where he gets shot out of a cannon with Gonzo. What I'm wondering about is the Jim Henson hour from the mid/late 80s. Does disney own that as well? There was some really good stuff on that show.
XBox Live Gamertag:ChrisBardon

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Joe:C

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted September 08 2005 - 01:00 PM

The Storyteller half of The Jim Henson Hour is already available on dvd. I'm not sure who owns the rest of it (I don't think it's Disney). I once read a comprehensive list of who owned what, but I'm not sure exactly where that was. If I can dig up the list I'll post it here.

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Colby

Colby

Stunt Coordinator

• 179 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 08 2005 - 01:21 PM

Is this what you were thinking of, Joe?

I seriously doubt The Jim Henson Hour will ever make it to DVD anywhere near completely intact. Basically, Disney owns the Muppet segments and HIT Entertainment owns the rest.

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   Joe:C

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted September 08 2005 - 02:10 PM

That's it!!! You're right, the Jim Henson Hour will most likely not be released. The individual segments are owned by different companies.

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,115 posts

Posted September 08 2005 - 04:01 PM

Don't forget name-calling, teeth grinding, chest-beating and cliff-jumping. But perhaps that's just me.
Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,637 posts

Posted September 08 2005 - 11:44 PM

I really want this on DVD. The one I really want to see is that Sandra Bullock episode where they do a Speed parody, and I think it got cancelled due to a recent tragedy at that time.

all-banner.jpg

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   David Rosen

David Rosen

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted September 09 2005 - 12:07 PM

Whenever I think of this show, I always remember the sequence with Bobo the security bear, Rizzo, Cindy Crawford, and "giant balloons". It still makes me laugh to this day.

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   Clay_E

Clay_E

Stunt Coordinator

• 222 posts

Posted September 11 2005 - 12:40 PM

The Garth Brooks one is also excellent for the sketches in which Garth kept trying to "stretch himself" as a performer...by doing "If I Were A Rich Man" from "Fiddler On The Roof" and "It's Not Unusual" AS Tom Jones, complete with wig and tight pants!
"Half of the time we're gone and we don't know where."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users