Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

SPHE Press Release: Bewitched: The Complete Second Season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,486 posts

Posted September 07 2005 - 07:34 AM

The Magical Mayhem Continues... BEWITCHED: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON All 38 Color Episodes Available October 25 in a Five-Disc DVD Set with New Bonus Features Including a Blooper Reel Also Available on DVD in Original Black and White Culver City, CA (August 15, 2005) –Samantha, Darrin and Endora are casting their comedy spell again when BEWITCHED: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON debuts on DVD October 25 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Featuring all 38 second season episodes, the five-disc DVD set also includes a blooper reel. BEWITCHED: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON will be priced at $39.95 SLP and will be available in both the original black and white presentation as well as in color on separate DVD releases. One of the most beloved sitcoms in television history, Bewitched first aired on ABC in 1964. Well written and superbly performed, Bewitched immediately enchanted viewers and became one of ABC’s most successful series, lasting for eight seasons and 256 episodes. Produced and directed by William Asher (“I Love Lucy,” “Gidget”), Bewitched won three Emmy Awards® and was nominated for nearly two dozen more, including four for Outstanding Comedy Series. The show’s excellent ensemble cast includes Elizabeth Montgomery, Dick York and Emmy-winners Agnes Moorhead, Alice Pearce and Marion Lorne. Bewitched chronicles the misadventures of Samantha and Darrin Stephens, a young married couple in Connecticut. The Stephens seem like an ordinary suburban family – she’s an attractive, charming housewife, he’s a Madison Avenue advertising exec – but there’s one small problem: Samantha’s a witch. To maintain domestic tranquility, Samantha promises not to use her witchcraft, yet despite her best intentions, magic permeates the Stephens household. Samantha’s meddling mother, Endora, is appalled that her daughter married a mere mortal and leaves no spell unturned in her efforts to break them apart while Samantha herself can’t resist performing a quick trick or two to get out of a jam. The second season of Bewitched begins with wonderful news – Samantha and Darrin are expecting a baby. More magical mishaps ensue as the couple prepares for and adjusts to the arrival of their first child, daughter Tabitha, who appears to have inherited Samantha’s unusual talent. Second season guest stars include Academy Award®-winner Richard Dreyfuss (Jaws, Mr. Holland’s Opus) and Maureen McCormick (“The Brady Bunch”). BEWITCHED: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON DVD Special Features Include: •Magic & Mishaps – Blooper Reel •Digitally Mastered Audio and Video •Full Screen Presentations •Bonus Previews BEWITCHED: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON (Colorized) Audio: English, Spanish, Portuguese Subtitles: Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Thai Not Rated Color Running Time: approximately 967 minutes DVD Catalog # 11575 UPC Code: 0-43396-11575-3 Order Date: 9/08/05 SLP: $39.95 BEWITCHED: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON (Black & White) Audio: English Not Rated Running Time: approximately 967 minutes B&W DVD Catalog # 12986 B&W DVD UPC Code: 0-43396-12986-3 Order Date: 9/08/05 SLP: $39.95

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Jefferson

Jefferson

Supporting Actor

• 979 posts

Posted September 08 2005 - 09:41 AM

Great news for us Bewitched freaks. I wish they wouldn't refer to that extra as a "blooper" reel, because it is somewhat misleading. The "Magic and Mishaps" feature merely points out technical mistakes that were left in the shows, rather than any "outtakes" of any kind. Whatever you call it though, this is my favorite tv show. I'll pass on the colorized eps, though, and take the original black and white. TINKA TINKA TEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Adam*M

Adam*M

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted September 08 2005 - 07:32 PM

Yeah I said this back on August 1st.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Barbara,G

Barbara,G

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted September 09 2005 - 02:50 PM

Yes, I ordered a colorized set. Now I'm waiting for Adam-12 s2.
Politicians are like baby diapers.. They should be changed often and for the same reason....Harold Reed