-

Photo

Anyone ever ordered from Amazon.de?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted September 06 2005 - 05:30 AM

This is my first time ordering from Amazon's German phase and I'm a bit worried.

I placed an order for a handfull of limited edition DVD's about 2 weeks ago that were all indicated as being available and in stock.

But they still haven't shipped out and now in my account status... I'm seeing an estimate of mid-October!!!

I've placed many orders with Amazon.com before and anything that was not pre-order and currently available, had shipped out to me within days!

The part that really worries me... is that upon checking back on the listings, at least one of the items now seems to be out of stock and no longer available.

It was NOT sold out when I placed the order though, in fact it was still listed as available for days after!

But the fact that it's now out of stock on the listing page and my order still hasn't shipped after 2 weeks and I have a shipping estimate of mid-October has me really worried!

I can't send them an email to inquire because I don't speak a word of German...

Has anyone has any experience with Amazon's website outside of the US U& UK?

Do you think I will have a problem here or is this normal?

Please give me some advice.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,481 posts

Posted September 06 2005 - 08:19 AM

I can't send them an email to inquire because I don't speak a word of German...

Send one anyway! I would guess that there are many employees that speak English there at Customer Service. We tend to forget that in most non-English speaking countries that many people speak English. My parents traveled to Scandanavia several years back and had no problem finding people that spoke English.

I also had contact with some overseas music websites that were in non-English speaking countries and always got responses.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   alan halvorson

alan halvorson

Screenwriter

• 2,021 posts

Posted September 06 2005 - 09:16 AM

I find it interesting that the many Amazons vary so much in shipping. Amazon.UK is by far the quickest; the one time I ordered from Amazon.DE they were sloooooow.... Ridiculously slow. And expensive to boot.

So I guess you've just got to wait.
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted September 06 2005 - 11:53 AM

Thanks a lot guys,

if anyone has an email contact for Amazon.de customer service - I'd really appreciate it!!

I'm having tons of trouble finding one through their site due to the language barrier...

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,481 posts

Posted September 06 2005 - 03:46 PM

Marco:

On the main page of Amazon.de look for the "Hilfe" link. (That's German for "Help".) It's located in the upper-right corner, next to the links for your cart and account.

Scroll down the "Hilfe" page and about half-way down there is a section "Information for English-speaking Customers". In this section is a link to Customer Service, in English! Hope this helps!

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted September 07 2005 - 12:00 AM

Thank you SO much Eric!!!

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Tim-H.

Tim-H.

Second Unit

• 427 posts

Posted September 07 2005 - 03:15 AM

Eric: Thanks for the 'hilfe' finding English info. I'm considering ordering the 'Batman Begins' tin box. With US shipping it's about $47...have to think on that.
Watch THE SNUGGIE KILLER on YouTube!

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Lars Vermundsberget

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor

• 725 posts

Posted September 11 2005 - 06:48 AM

I have ordered from amazon.de quite a few times and I can't really complain. I don't think I've noticed that they'd be particularly slow, but the shipping cost is high, so I tend to think at least twice.

I'm pretty much fluent in German myself, so I wouldn't have a problem, but I'd guess they should be able to help you in English.