-

Photo
- - - - -

Where can I rent a lottery drawing machine?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Bob Movies

Bob Movies

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted September 06 2005 - 12:28 AM

Hi Everyone,

This is kind of a strange request... I'm looking to rent a lottery drawing machine for a presentation I'm doing next week. I'm talking about the type of thing they use for Lotto 6/49, that spins the numbered balls, as seen here:

http://www.garronlot...theShamrock.htm

Does anyone know a place that would be able to rent me one of these? A gaming company, or perhaps a prop rental warehouse? Just looking for a starting point on this one. I'm located in Toronto, Canada but don't mind driving / shipping something.

Thanks in advance!

Bob

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

Lead Actor

• 6,530 posts

Posted September 06 2005 - 03:41 AM

Those machines are usually only offered to Lotteries. They are extrememly expensive and are customized by Garons (or others) for a specific game/lottery system. I do not know of any place that rents them out, which would seem prohibitive given the cost and relative lack of demand outside of their official use. There may also be a security concern if they were to be sold/rented to a layman. Given the strict auditing of machines used in drawings, I would imagine Garons et al would not want their technology viewed and/or studied by the general public. The closest you may get to a lottery machine is to check local rentals for Bingo supplies. I do not know what your presentation entails, but Bingo machines are similar and are much easier to find and rent.

Good luck,
Jeff (who knows a bit about Lotteries)

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Bob Movies

Bob Movies

Stunt Coordinator

• 205 posts

Posted September 06 2005 - 06:23 AM

Thanks Jeff, for your very helpful message. I guess I'll try to track down a bingo machine.

Any idea where I should start (bingo in the yellow pages?) Any particular brands / manufacturers / machines that you can recommend?

Thanks!

Bob

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Jeff Gatie

Jeff Gatie

Lead Actor

• 6,530 posts

Posted September 06 2005 - 07:06 AM

Quote:
Any idea where I should start (bingo in the yellow pages?) Any particular brands / manufacturers / machines that you can recommend?

Look under Bingo Supplies in the Yellow Pages to start. I can't really recommend any particualr machine (not really my forte), but the one that would more closely resemble a lottery machine would be air driven instead of a tumble type. These are usually used in the larger Bingo halls.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Nancy Machel

Nancy Machel

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted November 21 2011 - 04:23 AM

Hi Bob, Were you successful in finding a lottery drum? I'm looking the the same thing for a television commercial. The brass drums and other raffle drums aren't what I'm after - the ones with the balls is what we need. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much, Nancy.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   keck

keck

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted February 06 2013 - 03:37 PM

Bob, Did you ever find a place to rent one of those lottery drawing machines. I also need to rent one and cannot find one. Thanks. Susan

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,179 posts

Posted February 06 2013 - 04:12 PM

Bob, Did you ever find a place to rent one of those lottery drawing machines. I also need to rent one and cannot find one. Thanks. Susan

Good luck finding one. I know where I live, Washington state, it's all random number computer generated stuff now, no machines any longer with a ping-pong ball falling into a slot. They're probably becoming more rare as time goes on.
Stan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users