Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for a flat panel tv help needed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   BradleyS.

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator

• 206 posts

Posted September 05 2005 - 10:15 AM

I think I have finally decided to venture out and buy a flat panel tv. I don't know anything about them so im probably going to have lots of questions. I'm currently looking at a 42-47" screen size, HDTV. I'm not sure if I want a plasma or LCD yet, so hopefully you guys can help me decide. The tv will most likely be mounted on a wall, the room does not have much light except only when the sun is setting. I dont know exactly what price range I need to be in for a good quality monitor. I want something with a good picture(mostly for tv and dvd viewing), and I am very interested in a high quality set. I am willing to pay more to get something that will last. Right now i'm probably at a 4000-5000 max budget, but something in the 3000-4000 range would be better if possible. Are there any specific brands that I should look at? Anything I need to consider before buying?I have heard good things about hitachi and mitsubishi. I am open to any suggestions and thanks for your help in advance.