Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

From Warner Brothers: Thundercats Season One Disc Replacement Notice

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 of 36 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,866 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 10:29 AM

Just received an email from Warner Brothers.

Click Here for more information.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 36 MattHR

MattHR

Screenwriter

• 1,474 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 11:13 AM

Thank you, Warner Bros. Now, how about a similar response for that "Tom & Jerry" issue. You know, that one from a year ago...in case you'd forgot.

#3 of 36 Paul Pro

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 01:03 PM

Ronald, can that number be used for people who bought the set in Canada?

#4 of 36 Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart

Lead Actor

• 7,456 posts
  • LocationBlairsville, GA, USA

Posted September 01 2005 - 03:39 PM

Ron, with your influence, can we possibly get an explaination to why WB shrugged off the T&J I problem while fixed this immediately?

This is really mind-boggling...

Just one episode is missing music cues, and it's enough to get it replaced.

However, why didn't they fix incorrectly flagged cartoons on Vol 2 of Looney Tunes Golden Collection (5 cartoons on disc 4 are not progressively encoded) and the censorship problems with T&J?

Why should we have any faith in the quality of the upcoming T&J and LT sets when they shrug off other volumes? If they do this again on future volumes, we already know they won't do anything about it. They could "forget" to flag an entire disc progressively and there will never be a replacement disc.... that's the message WB is sending here.

I expect better from Warner Bros. I know this is off-topic, but how else are we going to get quality when you're ignored?

#5 of 36 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,866 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 09:39 PM

Patrick,

I can only get so far with the studio.

It took weeks-months to get the original
reply from the animation department, and
obviously they made a statement that was
less than satisfying to T&J fans who bought
the set.

They have obviously been aware of the problem.
The studio reads this forum regularly. There
has been a thread full of complaints on this
subject matter. Nothing further has been made
of the issue over at WB and it looks to me that
they chose to just ignore the complaints and
move on.

I wish I had better news for you.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#6 of 36 Kris_AB

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted September 03 2005 - 03:38 AM

Paul Pro said:
Quote:
Ronald, can that number be used for people who bought the set in Canada?

Paul, I called the number today and yes, they said there's no problem shipping to Canada. Fortunately this was only distributed by Warner Home Video, so no confusion or need for Canadian-specific help like when Alliance Atlantis is the distributor and someone else is in the States. So much easier when it's the same between countries.

I asked if they could just send me the replacement disc (kinda wanna keep the defective one with no music. It's interesting to see it play that way, with just the sound effects and voices. It might even be more eerie when we're introduced to Mumm-Ra and his tomb. Also, if I ever wanted to rip sound bytes from that ep, it'd be a lot easier to do without the background score intruding on the dialogue). The Warner Brothers employee said I had to though. I guess 'cause otherwise, they wouldn't know if you'd actually bought the DVDs and they would run the risk of sending out free copies of Disc 1. So a self-addressed envelope is on its way, and then I send the defective Disc 1 back. They're probably sending one of those CD-size-specific envelopes, since we shouldn't have to send back the DVD case as well.

#7 of 36 Kris_AB

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted September 13 2005 - 08:09 PM

Has anyone received their postage paid envelope from Warner Brothers yet, to send back Disc 1 to them?

I haven't. I'll allow another week for really slow shipping to Canada before I call the number again.

#8 of 36 Eric DiPiazza

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator

• 174 posts

Posted September 14 2005 - 08:18 AM

Does anybody know if they will actually send the fixed versions to stores? I really want to pick this up, but held off because I heard about all the problems. Thanks.

#9 of 36 Paul Miller

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor

• 567 posts

Posted September 14 2005 - 09:36 AM

I called the day that the story was posted and I still haven't recieved the envelope. It kind of makes me weary about sending out my disc one for the replacement if they are going to be this slow about things.

Paul

#10 of 36 Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted September 14 2005 - 11:24 AM

I expect they'll have to sell off the current sets before fixed ones show up.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#11 of 36 Mike Selis

Mike Selis

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted September 14 2005 - 01:43 PM

While they will probably not recall the faulty set, any copies in distribution supply chains might get recalled. Periodically, distributors will request the return of DVD movies and the stores will get full credit. In many cases, the distributors will simply resell those copies to other retailers or liquidate them. I have seen people at several stores gathering up movies for return to vendor.

New copies of the movie should show up along side the old faulty sets.

#12 of 36 Eric DiPiazza

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator

• 174 posts

Posted September 14 2005 - 04:22 PM

Sounds good. Thanks Mike!

#13 of 36 Kris_AB

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted September 26 2005 - 04:42 PM

It's been 25 days since I called. No envelope. Should I call again, or will that just piss them off? (if I do call, I hope the annoyed-sounding woman who picked up the first time and seemed distracted talking to someone else, maybe a co-worker, isn't the one who answers again) Should I wait a bit longer? Are they maybe waiting until they get a lot of calls before sending out the envelopes all in one go?

I swear, between this and ReBoot Season 4, I'm never buying an animated series on the day of release again.

#14 of 36 Paul Miller

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor

• 567 posts

Posted September 26 2005 - 09:09 PM

It is two weeks later and I still haven't recieved the envelope yet.

Paul

#15 of 36 Ken Chui

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

• 976 posts

Posted September 27 2005 - 07:21 AM

Quote:
It is two weeks later and I still haven't recieved the envelope yet.

Same here. I'm going to make a follow-up call today or tomorrow.

#16 of 36 Kris_AB

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted October 02 2005 - 12:17 PM

Any luck anyone?

I'll check the mail tomorrow (Monday). If it's not in there, I'll give 'em a call and see what's up.

#17 of 36 Kris_AB

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted October 07 2005 - 09:32 AM

Lady on the phone was very nice (oh and if you call that number, you're not getting Warner Home Video directly. They're people who sometimes do work for Warner). She explained that they were still taking phone calls for this issue and that no envelopes had been mailed out yet. Calls are slowing down though, coming in less and less, so they should be ready to send out all the self-addressed postage-paid envelopes within a week or two. Before the end of the month at least, she estimates.

So now we know what's up.

#18 of 36 Paul Miller

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor

• 567 posts

Posted October 28 2005 - 06:09 PM

Three more weeks have passed and I still haven't gotten my envelope. Has anyone gotten theirs yet?

Paul

#19 of 36 Kris_AB

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator

• 77 posts

Posted October 28 2005 - 11:51 PM

Nope. But when I called her on the day of my previous post, she said it'd be another 2-3 weeks before they were mailed out. By the end of the month. So maybe, if I'm gonna be optimistic, they were sent out on Friday. Or maybe they'll be sent on Monday. Realistically though? We'll probably have to pester them a bunch well into next month. I'll give 'em a week or so to arrive though before I make another call.

#20 of 36 RickER

RickER

Producer

• 5,130 posts
  • LocationTulsa, Oklahoma

Posted October 29 2005 - 07:14 AM

I have not even seen sets of this show in stores since release week. Course with Best Buy who knows it could be in the Drama section for all i know. Posted Image

Forum Nav Content I Follow