-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

24 Season Four Announced!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 of 36 ElijahS

ElijahS

Supporting Actor

• 751 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 08:28 AM

Thanks TVShowsOnDVD.com!

http://www.tvshowson...cfm?NewsID=4043
- Elijah

My TV DVD Collection

STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIPThe all-new drama from the creator of THE WEST WING and SPORTS NIGHTPremiering this fall on NBCThe last five minutes of St. Elsewhere is the only television show, ever. Everything else is a daydream.

#2 of 36 ravma

ravma

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 08:38 AM

Why is Shannen Doherty listed on one of the Commentaries? She hasnt dont ANYTHING for 24 as far as I know. Of course, if she's just a fan, then that's cool, but I'd still like to know why she's there.
All in all, though, this is going to be an AMAZING DVD set. (Ahem, Fox... About Season 1...)

#3 of 36 Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey

Screenwriter

• 2,447 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 08:40 AM

Quote:
All in all, though, this is going to be an AMAZING DVD set. (Ahem, Fox... About Season 1...)

Don't forget that season 1 was the FIRST time a show was released on DVD before the upcoming season. To say it was rushed is an understatement.

Gord
Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#4 of 36 Daniel-M

Daniel-M

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 08:41 AM

Hm, that was alot of commentraies, but since you have to wait so much longer than we in region 2 didyou deserve somethiing extra. We only got 2

#5 of 36 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,647 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 01 2005 - 09:10 AM

Wow, 12 commentaries! Not only do they have the usual commentary suspects (actors, writers, directors, producers), they've even got the composer and production designer on tracks. Too bad Keifer Sutherland isn't on there but on the Season Two and Three sets, he was pretty quiet anyway. A ton of deleted scenes and I'm sure that the behind the scenes stuff will be as good as the other sets.

What is the 'Season Four Director's Cut promo'?

This seems like it'll be one of the best releases of the year!

#6 of 36 ElijahS

ElijahS

Supporting Actor

• 751 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 09:12 AM

No clue on that. I emailed Gord and he wasn't sure; hopefully he can find out from 20th Century Fox.
- Elijah

My TV DVD Collection

STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIPThe all-new drama from the creator of THE WEST WING and SPORTS NIGHTPremiering this fall on NBCThe last five minutes of St. Elsewhere is the only television show, ever. Everything else is a daydream.

#7 of 36 Daniel-M

Daniel-M

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 09:18 AM

Quote:
What is the 'Season Four Director's Cut promo'?

it's the season 4 prequel

#8 of 36 ElijahS

ElijahS

Supporting Actor

• 751 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 09:20 AM

That was on the Season 3 DVD.
- Elijah

My TV DVD Collection

#9 of 36 Daniel-M

Daniel-M

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 09:30 AM

yes, and now it's on the season 4 DVD too, along with the Season 5 prequel.

#10 of 36 ElijahS

ElijahS

Supporting Actor

• 751 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 09:45 AM

Are you 100% certain? It sounds more like a separate DVD release of 24 Season 4 in a Director's Cut version. Unless they're adding into the bridge.
- Elijah

My TV DVD Collection

#11 of 36 Daniel-M

Daniel-M

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 09:48 AM

I have seen the thing, it's on the Region 2 version of the set

#12 of 36 ElijahS

ElijahS

Supporting Actor

• 751 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 09:50 AM

But Region 2 didn't get the promo the first time around.
- Elijah

My TV DVD Collection

#13 of 36 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,647 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 09:51 AM

Quote:
It sounds more like a separate DVD release of 24 Season 4 in a Director's Cut version.

That's what it sounded like to me too but even that seems a little unlikely. Why would they advertise a 'better' upcoming edition on it? They'd just sell the first one and then a few months later announce the re-release like they do with movies.

And if it's just the Season Four prequel as mentioned above, that doesn't make much sense either since that was on the Season Three set.

#14 of 36 ElijahS

ElijahS

Supporting Actor

• 751 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 10:07 AM

Remember, though: this is Fox, the studio most notorious for quick double dips.
- Elijah

My TV DVD Collection

#15 of 36 Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter

• 1,376 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 10:30 AM

Daniel-M is right. It's the season 4 prequel that was already on the season 3 set, only about half a minute longer (hence "Director's Cut"). I'm not quite sure what's been added though.

And yes, I'm sure about this as I have the Region 2 version which contains it and also calls it "Season Four Director's Cut promo". It has commentary by Jon Cassar, but I haven't listened to it yet.

Quote:
But Region 2 didn't get the promo the first time around.
Not on the first release. But when the set was reissued a few month's later at a lower price, it miraculously appeared on disc 6!

Oh, and by the way: 10 more commentaries than the R2?? That's it. I'm switching to R1 starting next year. Posted Image

Chris

#16 of 36 ElijahS

ElijahS

Supporting Actor

• 751 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 10:43 AM

Okay. Thanks for clarifying that.
- Elijah

My TV DVD Collection

#17 of 36 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,647 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 10:52 AM

Quote:
It's the season 4 prequel that was already on the season 3 set, only about half a minute longer (hence "Director's Cut").

OK, having a longer cut of the prequel makes its inclusion 'valid' to me.

#18 of 36 ravma

ravma

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 11:23 AM

Gord,
Yeah, I know. What I was hinting at was the fact that they need to double dip with Season 1. I know I'd buy a Special Edition with 5.1 and lots of extras!

#19 of 36 PaulP

PaulP

Producer

• 3,291 posts

Posted September 01 2005 - 01:38 PM

I'm excited they're including the 24-minute Conspiracy thing. I was hoping for that. My preorder is in!

#20 of 36 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,647 posts

Posted December 13 2005 - 10:45 PM

Anyone else pick this up yet?

So far, it's a really good set (I'm up to the third disc). To my untrained eyes, it looks and sounds even better than the S2 and S3 sets.

I checked out the prequel and it's pretty good but nothing you need to see to enjoy Season Five. It does clarify a few things that I was wondering about like
if Kim knows that Jack is alive.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow