-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Info/comments regarding Infocus 425

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 NiklasKarlsson

NiklasKarlsson

Stunt Coordinator

• 58 posts

Posted June 05 2001 - 10:14 PM

Hi there

I´m being offered to buy an Infocus 425 projector and thought I should hear with all you guys if you have any comments on it?

------------------
/Niklas

My Theater My Movies

Posted Image
/Niklas

My Theater My Movies

#2 of 3 James_T

James_T

Stunt Coordinator

• 90 posts

Posted June 06 2001 - 07:41 AM

Try these forums... should be more info there...

http://www.avsforum....gi/Ultimate.cgi
James Tedesco
jtedesco77@gmail.com
X-Box Live ID: Grimlock77

#3 of 3 Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus

Screenwriter

• 2,186 posts

Posted June 07 2001 - 09:14 AM

The Infocus 425 is a "Color Wheel" 700 lumen SVGA DLP projector.

It has good contrast ratio (400:1) and, due to the fact that it's a DLP, there is no "pincushion effect".

The colors, however, cannot be adjusted on this projector. (This is true of all "Color Wheel" DLP projectors.)

This is a good projector, but I wouldn't pay more than $1500 for it. (Even less than that if there's more than 500 hours on the 1000 hour bulb.)

These days you can obtain a brand-new 1200 lumen 350:1 to 400:1 contrast ratio LCD projector of comparable resolution that would provide much better (and adjustable) colors for around $2500. The LCD projector would have the "pincushion effect", but IMO the brighter image and the fact that it's more versatile make up for that particular defect. (And I've found that if you're at least five feet away from a 80"-110" screen you won't notice the "pincushion".)

Hope this helps!

Joseph

Joseph
---------------