What's new

Justice League Unlimited Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
After what I consider a landmark season (or two, depending on how you count it) for an animated show, JLU returns in September. Here's what I found out elsewhere:

Now at 10:00 pm on Saturdays. Back to back episodes for the first two weeks

Episode #27 - We Are Legion
Original Airdate - September 17th 2005 - Season Premiere

Lex Luthor is rescued from prison by a new villainous organization - the Legion of Doom!

Episode #28 - Shadow of the Hawk
Original Airdate - September 17th 2005

In Egypt, Shayera and Green Lantern make the acquaintance of an archaeologist, Carter Hall.

Episode #29 - Chaos at the Earth's Core
Original Airdate - September 24th 2005

While handling a crisis in the underground world of Skataris, the League meet a new hero - Travis Morgan, the Warlord.

Episode #30 - To Another Shore
Original Airdate - September 24th 2005

TBA

This is SO worth the TiVo time or your real time if you read any comics as a youth (or liked Superfriends or Batman:TAS). The show is smart and action-packed, and I've been amazed several times during it's run. It's everything I loved about superheroes...and NOTHING that I didn't.

Three weeks (or less),
Chuck

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Glad to see new episodes are airing so soon. Will definitely be tuning in. Thanks for the heads-up.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Not quite :frowning:. It's the 17th at 10pm E/9pm C, with 2 new back-to-back episodes according to CartoonNetwork.com and what Chuck posted.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I totally missed season 2. I really wish WB would get off their butts and release season sets of this show.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

According to word in the TV on DVD forum, this could be happening soon. My guess is JL sets replace Batman animated sets in 2006.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Weird. Comcast's total for this Saturday's episode is "I Am Legion", which is episode one for the new season. It won't be the first time they would be wrong about what's on the Cartoon Network.

(And I like Teen Titans. Some of the episodes are throwaway, but the three part finale of this season ranks up with JLU.)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Here is the schedule for the next few weeks. The season premiere is Sept. 17 at 10 pm.

* Saturday, Sept. 17: "Brave and the Bold, Pts. 1 and 2" at 2 a.m.; "We Are Legion" at 10 p.m.; "Shadow of the Hawk" at 10:30 p.m.

* Saturday, Sept. 24: "Fury, Pts. 1 and 2" at 2 a.m.; "Heart of Stone" at 10 p.m. and "Elegy" at 10:30 p.m.

* Saturday, Oct. 1: "Legends, Pts. 1 and 2" at 2 a.m.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Wait, they are acually airing the old Justice Leagues episode...oh good. They haven't aired the original Justice League (not Unlimited) since Starcross...which is good, since I miss a few episodes. And I can't wait for the new season as well.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Maybe my luck has changed! I was never able to catch this show until a few of the reruns over the past few weeks. I wasn't aware the season premiere was tonight, so when I saw this thread I figured I missed it since it's usually on aroun 9pm. But it's on right now (missed the first five mins though).

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Caught tonights two new episodes and simply loved it. Call me crazy, but that Wonder Woman spin into her costume sent chills through my body. It had Linda Carter written all over it. It's great to see the Legion of Doom, and a very nice twist to see Grog in charge as oppose to Lex. Keep em coming.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
These new episodes lay bare a problem I've been having with JLU since it's inception: Who the hell are these people?

I've been racking my somewhat dim memory of Who's Who to recall who some of these heroes & villians are. I had no idea that the ice villain was Killer Frost until I looked at the end credits... she looks quite different. In fact when she first appeared in the LOD I mistook her for Livewire at first glance. What compounds the problem is that the end credits haven't been listing every character... I still have no clue who Star Girl's stepdad is. :frowning: We need a Hero/Villain Scorecard for every ep!

But I am totally loving the retro nods to 70's superhero TV. Besides the aforementioned WW tranformation spin, making the Devil Ray evoke the look of Black Manta was an inspired touch.

The scipting in these 2 eps, especially the first, didn't feel as tight as what I have to come to expect from TPTB, also since when did John & Rick become Viking names?

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I don't mind what Dini and Timm (and great team) are doing with the more unknown players in the DCU. They are great fun to watch. The first three episodes were excellent, but the 4th was the fiurst truly great episode of the year. I agree with Jerome and David...the WW transformation was fantastic. If they could have just licensed the music :D

Although I agree the dialogue hasn't been quite as sharp...but the episodes themselves have been pretty good.

Great stuff,
Chuck

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Neither do I, I'd just like to know who they are without going through my comic book boxes in the closet looking for the right issue of Who's Who. Complete end credits would do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks