Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Justice League Unlimited Season 3

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#1 of 127 OFFLINE   Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer

Lead Actor

• 8,059 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted August 30 2005 - 02:14 AM

After what I consider a landmark season (or two, depending on how you count it) for an animated show, JLU returns in September. Here's what I found out elsewhere: Now at 10:00 pm on Saturdays. Back to back episodes for the first two weeks Episode #27 - We Are Legion Original Airdate - September 17th 2005 - Season Premiere Lex Luthor is rescued from prison by a new villainous organization - the Legion of Doom! Episode #28 - Shadow of the Hawk Original Airdate - September 17th 2005 In Egypt, Shayera and Green Lantern make the acquaintance of an archaeologist, Carter Hall. Episode #29 - Chaos at the Earth's Core Original Airdate - September 24th 2005 While handling a crisis in the underground world of Skataris, the League meet a new hero - Travis Morgan, the Warlord. Episode #30 - To Another Shore Original Airdate - September 24th 2005 TBA This is SO worth the TiVo time or your real time if you read any comics as a youth (or liked Superfriends or Batman:TAS). The show is smart and action-packed, and I've been amazed several times during it's run. It's everything I loved about superheroes...and NOTHING that I didn't. Three weeks (or less), Chuck
Hey buddy...did you just see a real bright light?

#2 of 127 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 5,356 posts

Posted August 30 2005 - 04:04 AM

Glad to see new episodes are airing so soon. Will definitely be tuning in. Thanks for the heads-up.

#3 of 127 OFFLINE   Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,937 posts

Posted August 30 2005 - 07:35 AM

Man, I'm so loving Justice League Unlimited. I'm definetly there.
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#4 of 127 OFFLINE   LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted September 07 2005 - 08:46 AM

This Saturday is the season premier!

#5 of 127 OFFLINE   Gary Seven

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah

• 1,519 posts
  • LocationLake Worth, Florida

Posted September 08 2005 - 04:47 AM

I'm always looking to watch this show but it seems the Cartoon Network is dominated by the Teen Titans.

#6 of 127 OFFLINE   David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted September 08 2005 - 06:33 AM

Not quite Posted Image. It's the 17th at 10pm E/9pm C, with 2 new back-to-back episodes according to CartoonNetwork.com and what Chuck posted.
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#7 of 127 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 7,051 posts

Posted September 08 2005 - 06:47 AM

I totally missed season 2. I really wish WB would get off their butts and release season sets of this show.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#8 of 127 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 5,356 posts

Posted September 09 2005 - 01:41 AM

According to word in the TV on DVD forum, this could be happening soon. My guess is JL sets replace Batman animated sets in 2006.

#9 of 127 OFFLINE   LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted September 09 2005 - 07:10 AM

Weird. Comcast's total for this Saturday's episode is "I Am Legion", which is episode one for the new season. It won't be the first time they would be wrong about what's on the Cartoon Network. (And I like Teen Titans. Some of the episodes are throwaway, but the three part finale of this season ranks up with JLU.)

#10 of 127 OFFLINE   Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer

Lead Actor

• 8,059 posts

Posted September 09 2005 - 11:57 PM

Well, then the Tivo should be set. We'll see what we see... Thanks for the heads up, Chuck

#11 of 127 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 5,356 posts

Posted September 10 2005 - 02:46 AM

Here is the schedule for the next few weeks. The season premiere is Sept. 17 at 10 pm. * Saturday, Sept. 17: "Brave and the Bold, Pts. 1 and 2" at 2 a.m.; "We Are Legion" at 10 p.m.; "Shadow of the Hawk" at 10:30 p.m. * Saturday, Sept. 24: "Fury, Pts. 1 and 2" at 2 a.m.; "Heart of Stone" at 10 p.m. and "Elegy" at 10:30 p.m. * Saturday, Oct. 1: "Legends, Pts. 1 and 2" at 2 a.m.

#12 of 127 OFFLINE   Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor

• 852 posts

Posted September 10 2005 - 05:16 PM

Wait, they are acually airing the old Justice Leagues episode...oh good. They haven't aired the original Justice League (not Unlimited) since Starcross...which is good, since I miss a few episodes. And I can't wait for the new season as well.
I need a new signature.

#13 of 127 OFFLINE   Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer

Lead Actor

• 8,059 posts

Posted September 17 2005 - 11:07 AM

Tonight is the night. Take care, Chuck

#14 of 127 OFFLINE   Rob T

Rob T

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted September 17 2005 - 12:33 PM

Nice to see JL returning. I love Bruce Timm shows. Posted Image

#15 of 127 OFFLINE   Ray H

Ray H

Producer

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted September 17 2005 - 02:07 PM

Maybe my luck has changed! I was never able to catch this show until a few of the reruns over the past few weeks. I wasn't aware the season premiere was tonight, so when I saw this thread I figured I missed it since it's usually on aroun 9pm. But it's on right now (missed the first five mins though).
"Here's looking at you, kid."

#16 of 127 OFFLINE   Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,937 posts

Posted September 24 2005 - 03:06 PM

Caught tonights two new episodes and simply loved it. Call me crazy, but that Wonder Woman spin into her costume sent chills through my body. It had Linda Carter written all over it. It's great to see the Legion of Doom, and a very nice twist to see Grog in charge as oppose to Lex. Keep em coming.
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#17 of 127 OFFLINE   David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted September 24 2005 - 08:29 PM

These new episodes lay bare a problem I've been having with JLU since it's inception: Who the hell are these people?

I've been racking my somewhat dim memory of Who's Who to recall who some of these heroes & villians are. I had no idea that the ice villain was Killer Frost until I looked at the end credits... she looks quite different. In fact when she first appeared in the LOD I mistook her for Livewire at first glance. What compounds the problem is that the end credits haven't been listing every character... I still have no clue who Star Girl's stepdad is. Posted Image We need a Hero/Villain Scorecard for every ep!

But I am totally loving the retro nods to 70's superhero TV. Besides the aforementioned WW tranformation spin, making the Devil Ray evoke the look of Black Manta was an inspired touch.

The scipting in these 2 eps, especially the first, didn't feel as tight as what I have to come to expect from TPTB, also since when did John & Rick become Viking names?
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#18 of 127 OFFLINE   Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer

Lead Actor

• 8,059 posts

Posted September 26 2005 - 12:47 AM

I don't mind what Dini and Timm (and great team) are doing with the more unknown players in the DCU. They are great fun to watch. The first three episodes were excellent, but the 4th was the fiurst truly great episode of the year. I agree with Jerome and David...the WW transformation was fantastic. If they could have just licensed the music Posted Image

Although I agree the dialogue hasn't been quite as sharp...but the episodes themselves have been pretty good.

Great stuff,
Chuck

#19 of 127 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 7,051 posts

Posted September 26 2005 - 02:30 AM

More importantly....When are we going to see Dr.Mid-Nite????

Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#20 of 127 OFFLINE   David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted September 26 2005 - 06:38 AM

Neither do I, I'd just like to know who they are without going through my comic book boxes in the closet looking for the right issue of Who's Who. Complete end credits would do the trick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users