What's new

Best <$100 Digital Camera? (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I have no hands on experience with a digital camera, but I have a basic understanding of the technical principles involved (CCDs, MPs, etc). I want something cheap (

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
There is no reputable, recognizeable brand of digital camera available in that price range - not if you're buying new. There are a few off-brand 1 - 2 MP cameras that start at $100, but I would not recommend them.

Best bet is to look for someone who is upgrading to a 5MP camera - they may sell a used 2-3MP name brand camera in the price range you're looking at. A used Canon, Nikon or Sony point-and-shoot camera could be a good value.

A new digital camera with any real lasting power (in terms of build quality, resolution and features) is going to start at $200 - $250.

-Scott

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Check the sales and clearances, a year ago I picked up a Kodak 3 megapixel 4x Zoom camera that takes wonderful pictures for only $99. As new models are constantly coming out, you can get a great deal on the old stock. Without trying hard, I found this link for a Fuji 3 Megapixel camera and Lexmark printer bundle for $79. I'm sure there are many Kodak, Fuji, Minolta, etc brand cameras that will fit your budget.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Thanks Perry. This a bit more specs-wise than what I was looking for ( :emoji_thumbsup: ), even if I don't need a printer. I figure that Black Friday sales would be another avenue to get the kind of price I want. My purchase is still a couple of months away, but even at $129.99 the Fuji Finepix w/ printer seems like a really good deal.

Scott, I appreciate your input as well and thanks. Used isn't something I have thought about until now and it's a good idea as a Plan B.

I know I'm not going to get 5MP quality at sub $100 prices... I'm just looking for something 'quick and dirty' that will give me a resolution better than a polaroid and similar to a cheap regular film camera. Basically I'm looking for a 110 camera like I had as a teenager but for the digital age that I can hook up to my new computer and store images.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks