What's new

Prison Break ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
FYI: The 1st couple of episodes of Prison Break will on today on Fox, 8 p.m. EDT. It's Fox's way to get a head start of the fall season.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
I'm fired up about this show..It'll be very very hard for me to not like it.

Also, I suspect this thread is going to explode over the next 2-3 days :)

The 2-hour pilot will encore on Sept. 1st, for those of you that cannot watch it tonight.

Marc Bax

Second Unit
I saw the first half of tonight's 2 episode premiere awhile back and was quite impressed. If you're able to suspend disbelief you should be entertained. Hopefully it'll be a hit and help make Monday's on FOX a force to be reckoned with (for the sake of Arrested Development). Either way I suggest everyone give it a try. Episode 2 may be even better since I don't believe Brett Ratner directed it.

BrianV

Stunt Coordinator
I'll probably watch this, if only because the outside shot of the bank they show in the promo is down the street from my old apartment. It was jarring to see it when I saw the promo for the first time.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
I hope they air this tonight as scheduled and that it doesn't get pre-empted with news coverage(yes, i know it's a sensitive issue).

There's no telling what'll happen with the crappy Sinclair affiliate here, so my fingers are crossed.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Marc, can you tell us a little about what this is about? The few previews that I've seen don't say much.

Glenn

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Brother A robs a bank in order to be sent to federal prison. The same prison that Brother B is in and that he designed.
Brother A has extensive tattoos of info about the prison and intends to bust them out.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'll check it out simply because "John Doe" is a main character.

Come to think of it, all of my new show interests this season are because of the actors, rather than any knowledge of the show. Huh.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Ok then, the obvious -- is this going to be a TV version of Shawshank, or will the stories change prisons every week?

I can't imagine spending an entire 24 weeks watching 2 people setting up a prison break. That sounds like a copy of "Lost" - and if so, forget it!

Glenn

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I imagine the prison break just sets up the storylines later in the season, so I wouldn't be so bleak about it, plus, it has some good positive buzz going for it.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
When I first heard the premise of "Lost" last summer, I was underwhelmed.

I thought, "Okay, this is going to be cross between the movie 'Cast Away' and 'Lord of the Flies,' it can't possibly be sustained for multiple seasons."

Well...we soon learned that the show wasn't just about being stranded on an island and the problems it causes...indeed it was about much more than that.

At first, I thought this show was going to be like the Sylvester Stallone movie "Lock-Up," but I get the sense that there will be more going on than that.

I am not a fan of prison dramas. While I enjoyed "Shawshank Redemption" I don't think it is one of the "greatest movies ever" like some people I know.

I think "Prison Break" looks and sounds interesting. It sounds more like "24" than "Lost."

I set a season pass in TiVo yesterday for the show.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...on-break_x.htm

Rakesh.S

Second Unit

That is a huge spoiler :angry:

They haven't even revealed that, and we're 40 mins into the show.

Thanks for ruining it.

Marc Bax

Second Unit

Yeah I can't believe he didn't put that in spoiler tags since it's the "big twist" at the end of the episode.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Let's not be nasty. I didn't know it was a spoiler, having not seen the show. It was printed in Entertainment Weekly's review of the show in last week's magazine. Though they aren't the only magazine or newspaper to mention it in their review.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit

Entertainment Weekly ALWAYS publishes spoilers..didn't you get that from the spoiler you already posted?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, folks, let's be more careful about spoilers (i.e., if it hasn't aired, then put the tidbits in spoiler text).

What happened to Robin Tunney, her face has an awfully ruddy complexion nowadays.

Glad to see Sarah Wayne Callies get some work. Liked her from "Tarzan".

Obviously the "Michael Scofield" identity is probably someone who recently died with the credential alluded to in the 2 episodes, but Linc's brother must have another name. I would have thought an AFIS fingerprint match would turn up Linc's brother's ID, but he's probably not in the system, same with Michael Schofield, but he happened to be diabetic, and Linc's brother had to fake that affliction to keep up his Schofield ID.

Marc Bax

Second Unit

Didn't really bother me as I already knew the twist but I do think it's wise to use spoiler tags when in doubt.

On another note I found it a bit odd that in the version of the pilot I saw when they're going through intake the prisoners were all naked, but in the broadcast they had on briefs. Not that I miss the male nudity but it makes me wonder if the show was supposed to be on FX or pay cable originally.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Very good show. I've been primed to see this for a while now and it lived up to my expectations quite well. :emoji_thumbsup:

Some of the plot details left me a bit hazy though, like what was with the oraghami(sp) angle, and why did Schofield drop that magazine, or whatever that was, down the drain?

The show also had a very OZ feel to it I thought. I'm glad that i'll have something to watch again on Monday night's, filling in the spot left vacant when I stopped watching Las Vegas.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Excellent start. Really enjoyed it

He put the oragahmi down the drain to see if it led to the yard and the magazine was there to block it

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks