-

Photo
- - - - -

Prison Break ongoing thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
400 replies to this topic

#1 of 401 ONLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,750 posts

Posted August 28 2005 - 04:14 PM

FYI: The 1st couple of episodes of Prison Break will on today on Fox, 8 p.m. EDT. It's Fox's way to get a head start of the fall season.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 401 OFFLINE   Rakesh.S

Rakesh.S

Second Unit

• 455 posts

Posted August 28 2005 - 04:49 PM

I'm fired up about this show..It'll be very very hard for me to not like it.

Also, I suspect this thread is going to explode over the next 2-3 days Posted Image

The 2-hour pilot will encore on Sept. 1st, for those of you that cannot watch it tonight.

#3 of 401 OFFLINE   Marc Bax

Marc Bax

Second Unit

• 306 posts

Posted August 29 2005 - 01:08 AM

I saw the first half of tonight's 2 episode premiere awhile back and was quite impressed. If you're able to suspend disbelief you should be entertained. Hopefully it'll be a hit and help make Monday's on FOX a force to be reckoned with (for the sake of Arrested Development). Either way I suggest everyone give it a try. Episode 2 may be even better since I don't believe Brett Ratner directed it.

#4 of 401 OFFLINE   BrianV

BrianV

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted August 29 2005 - 02:27 AM

I'll probably watch this, if only because the outside shot of the bank they show in the promo is down the street from my old apartment. It was jarring to see it when I saw the promo for the first time.

#5 of 401 OFFLINE   Rakesh.S

Rakesh.S

Second Unit

• 455 posts

Posted August 29 2005 - 05:04 AM

I hope they air this tonight as scheduled and that it doesn't get pre-empted with news coverage(yes, i know it's a sensitive issue).

There's no telling what'll happen with the crappy Sinclair affiliate here, so my fingers are crossed.

#6 of 401 OFFLINE   Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt

Producer

• 4,207 posts

Posted August 29 2005 - 05:24 AM

Marc, can you tell us a little about what this is about? The few previews that I've seen don't say much.

Glenn

#7 of 401 OFFLINE   David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted August 29 2005 - 06:48 AM

Quote:
can you tell us a little about what this is about?

Here's my understanding:

Brother A designs new federal prison.
Brother B is wrongly convicted of a major league federal crime.
He apparently assassinated the U.S. Vice-President

Brother A robs a bank in order to be sent to federal prison. The same prison that Brother B is in and that he designed.
Brother A has extensive tattoos of info about the prison and intends to bust them out.
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#8 of 401 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

Executive Producer

• 13,867 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted August 29 2005 - 07:14 AM

I'll check it out simply because "John Doe" is a main character.

Come to think of it, all of my new show interests this season are because of the actors, rather than any knowledge of the show. Huh.

#9 of 401 OFFLINE   Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt

Producer

• 4,207 posts

Posted August 29 2005 - 10:14 AM

Ok then, the obvious -- is this going to be a TV version of Shawshank, or will the stories change prisons every week?

I can't imagine spending an entire 24 weeks watching 2 people setting up a prison break. That sounds like a copy of "Lost" - and if so, forget it!

Glenn

#10 of 401 ONLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,750 posts

Posted August 29 2005 - 10:19 AM

I imagine the prison break just sets up the storylines later in the season, so I wouldn't be so bleak about it, plus, it has some good positive buzz going for it.

#11 of 401 OFFLINE   Jonny P

Jonny P

Supporting Actor

• 649 posts

Posted August 29 2005 - 11:35 AM

When I first heard the premise of "Lost" last summer, I was underwhelmed.

I thought, "Okay, this is going to be cross between the movie 'Cast Away' and 'Lord of the Flies,' it can't possibly be sustained for multiple seasons."

Well...we soon learned that the show wasn't just about being stranded on an island and the problems it causes...indeed it was about much more than that.

At first, I thought this show was going to be like the Sylvester Stallone movie "Lock-Up," but I get the sense that there will be more going on than that.

I am not a fan of prison dramas. While I enjoyed "Shawshank Redemption" I don't think it is one of the "greatest movies ever" like some people I know.

I think "Prison Break" looks and sounds interesting. It sounds more like "24" than "Lost."

I set a season pass in TiVo yesterday for the show.

http://www.usatoday.....on-break_x.htm

#12 of 401 OFFLINE   Rakesh.S

Rakesh.S

Second Unit

• 455 posts

Posted August 29 2005 - 12:40 PM

Quote:
Brother A has extensive tattoos of info about the prison and intends to bust them out.

That is a huge spoiler Posted Image

They haven't even revealed that, and we're 40 mins into the show.

Thanks for ruining it.

#13 of 401 OFFLINE   Marc Bax

Marc Bax

Second Unit

• 306 posts

Posted August 29 2005 - 12:46 PM

Quote:
That is a huge spoiler

Yeah I can't believe he didn't put that in spoiler tags since it's the "big twist" at the end of the episode.

#14 of 401 OFFLINE   David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted August 29 2005 - 12:58 PM

Quote:
That is a huge spoiler

They haven't even revealed that, and we're 40 mins into the show.

Thanks for ruining it.

Quote:
Yeah I can't believe he didn't put that in spoiler tags it's the "big twist" at the end of the episode.

Let's not be nasty. I didn't know it was a spoiler, having not seen the show. It was printed in Entertainment Weekly's review of the show in last week's magazine. Though they aren't the only magazine or newspaper to mention it in their review.
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#15 of 401 OFFLINE   Rakesh.S

Rakesh.S

Second Unit

• 455 posts

Posted August 29 2005 - 01:04 PM

Quote:
Let's not be nasty. I didn't know it was a spoiler, having not seen the show. It was printed in Entertainment Weekly's review of the show in last week's magazine. Though they aren't the only magazine or newspaper to mention it in their review.

Entertainment Weekly ALWAYS publishes spoilers..didn't you get that from the spoiler you already posted?

#16 of 401 ONLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,750 posts

Posted August 29 2005 - 02:28 PM

Okay, folks, let's be more careful about spoilers (i.e., if it hasn't aired, then put the tidbits in spoiler text).

What happened to Robin Tunney, her face has an awfully ruddy complexion nowadays.

Glad to see Sarah Wayne Callies get some work. Liked her from "Tarzan".

Obviously the "Michael Scofield" identity is probably someone who recently died with the credential alluded to in the 2 episodes, but Linc's brother must have another name. I would have thought an AFIS fingerprint match would turn up Linc's brother's ID, but he's probably not in the system, same with Michael Schofield, but he happened to be diabetic, and Linc's brother had to fake that affliction to keep up his Schofield ID.

#17 of 401 OFFLINE   Marc Bax

Marc Bax

Second Unit

• 306 posts

Posted August 29 2005 - 02:28 PM

Quote:

Didn't really bother me as I already knew the twist but I do think it's wise to use spoiler tags when in doubt.

On another note I found it a bit odd that in the version of the pilot I saw when they're going through intake the prisoners were all naked, but in the broadcast they had on briefs. Not that I miss the male nudity but it makes me wonder if the show was supposed to be on FX or pay cable originally.

#18 of 401 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted August 29 2005 - 02:45 PM

Very good show. I've been primed to see this for a while now and it lived up to my expectations quite well. Posted Image

Some of the plot details left me a bit hazy though, like
what was with the oraghami(sp) angle, and why did Schofield drop that magazine, or whatever that was, down the drain?

The show also had a very OZ feel to it I thought. I'm glad that i'll have something to watch again on Monday night's, filling in the spot left vacant when I stopped watching Las Vegas.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#19 of 401 OFFLINE   CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E

Screenwriter

• 2,171 posts

Posted August 29 2005 - 02:47 PM

Excellent start. Really enjoyed it

He put the oragahmi down the drain to see if it led to the yard and the magazine was there to block it

#20 of 401 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted August 29 2005 - 02:54 PM

Ahh, thanks, Joey, that makes sense. Posted Image
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

Back to TV Programming

Forum Nav Content I Follow