Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Fistfull of Dynamite

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted August 28 2005 - 09:46 AM

Just curious if a Region 1 version of this is coming out anytime soon or have I totally missed its release?
THanks

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   John Hodson

John Hodson

Producer

• 4,464 posts
  • LocationBolton, Lancashire

Posted August 28 2005 - 10:13 AM

Nope, it's not even on the radar right now. Sony is just sitting on it for some strange reason (it will be titled Duck You Sucker! if/when they pull their fingers out for an R1 release)
So many films, so little time...
Film Journal Blog
Lt. Col. Thursday: Beaufort; no preliminary nonsense with him, no ceremonial phrasing. Straight from the shoulder as I tell you, do you hear me? They're recalcitrant swine and they must feel it...

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Magnus T

Magnus T

Supporting Actor

• 683 posts

Posted August 28 2005 - 10:22 AM

I watched my R2 copy last night. Man, is that 2 disc SE nice! Posted Image
There is no spoon...
but there is a fork with a cork!

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Kramer Lowry

Kramer Lowry

Second Unit

• 389 posts

Posted October 06 2006 - 04:15 PM

Posted Image

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   KieranO'C

KieranO'C

Agent

• 39 posts

Posted October 07 2006 - 06:04 AM

The BBFC cut a few seconds of horses falling down, that's all. An animal cruelty thing. A bit wierd, but there you go.

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Beau

Beau

Supporting Actor

• 503 posts

Posted October 07 2006 - 09:42 AM

Quote:
And still we don't have plans of a R1 release?
I think it was said a few months ago on the digital bits that this and the first two "dollars" movie were getting a R1 SE sometime next year.

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Sean Campbell

Sean Campbell

Second Unit

• 298 posts

Posted October 07 2006 - 11:54 AM

Kind of odd how the BBFC decided to cut a few seconds involving horses in 'FOD' when the scene of the horse falling down the steps is intact in 'Andrei Rublev'.

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   sarah99

sarah99

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted October 07 2006 - 10:06 PM

I did a quick review of the R2 here

"A Fistful of Dynamite"

There are so many horses falling on the bridge scene that one or two removed isn't obvious.
It's a shame they didn't restore the rape and torture scenes that were in the original Italian release.

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   DaveRU

DaveRU

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted October 08 2006 - 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah99
It's a shame they didn't restore the rape and torture scenes that were in the original Italian release.

I have the uncut Danish R2 SE disc AND the Italian R2 Giu La Testa version. The films are identical, apart from some minor music differences.

Shame the original mono soundtrack wasn't included on the SE, as it omits a few lines of dialogue including expletives.

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   sarah99

sarah99

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted October 08 2006 - 04:16 AM

I meant

I really would like to see the original 162 minute Italian theatrical release of this movie.
The best extra of the 2 disk SE was the "Sorting out the Versions" that makes some attempt to describe the deleted scenes, this movie could be so much better.

So what appears to still be missing are
1)the rape of the rich woman in the barn

2) Coburn being forced to walk miles then one of the kids weeing in the water he is about to drink
Posted Image

3)the torture of the revolutionary Doctor that explains why he betrays everyone, and how so many rebels are killed and captured
Posted Image

The 2 disk R2 SE has a running time of approx 157 min (PAL) which would equate to 164 min R1 version (NTSC)
so there is still at least 9 minutes of film missing from the SE.

Forum Nav Content I Follow