What's new

Fistfull of Dynamite (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Just curious if a Region 1 version of this is coming out anytime soon or have I totally missed its release?
THanks

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Nope, it's not even on the radar right now. Sony is just sitting on it for some strange reason (it will be titled Duck You Sucker! if/when they pull their fingers out for an R1 release)

KieranO'C

Agent
The BBFC cut a few seconds of horses falling down, that's all. An animal cruelty thing. A bit wierd, but there you go.

Beau

Supporting Actor
I think it was said a few months ago on the digital bits that this and the first two "dollars" movie were getting a R1 SE sometime next year.

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
Kind of odd how the BBFC decided to cut a few seconds involving horses in 'FOD' when the scene of the horse falling down the steps is intact in 'Andrei Rublev'.

sarah99

Agent
Real Name
sarah
I did a quick review of the R2 here

"A Fistful of Dynamite"

There are so many horses falling on the bridge scene that one or two removed isn't obvious.
It's a shame they didn't restore the rape and torture scenes that were in the original Italian release.

DaveRU

Stunt Coordinator

I have the uncut Danish R2 SE disc AND the Italian R2 Giu La Testa version. The films are identical, apart from some minor music differences.

Shame the original mono soundtrack wasn't included on the SE, as it omits a few lines of dialogue including expletives.

sarah99

Agent
Real Name
sarah
I meant

I really would like to see the original 162 minute Italian theatrical release of this movie.
The best extra of the 2 disk SE was the "Sorting out the Versions" that makes some attempt to describe the deleted scenes, this movie could be so much better.

So what appears to still be missing are
1)the rape of the rich woman in the barn

2) Coburn being forced to walk miles then one of the kids weeing in the water he is about to drink

3)the torture of the revolutionary Doctor that explains why he betrays everyone, and how so many rebels are killed and captured

The 2 disk R2 SE has a running time of approx 157 min (PAL) which would equate to 164 min R1 version (NTSC)
so there is still at least 9 minutes of film missing from the SE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks