Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Child's Play - Amamorphic Widescreen?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette

Screenwriter

• 2,616 posts

Posted August 26 2005 - 02:35 AM

Hi all.

I did a search of this forum, and I did not see a topic regarding whether or not a Child's Play DVD existed in another region (i.e. a region other than R1), which is either widescreen or anamorphic widescreen.

I have a region free DVD player that does PAL/NTSC conversion, so if someone knows of a region that meets the above requirements for this DVD, I would love to know which one it is.

Thanks a lot.
--
Paul Arnette
Universal Blu-ray Discs I will not be buying while they're offered only as Blu-ray + DVD 'flipper' discs:

The Jackal
, Out of Africa, and Traffic.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Hendrik

Hendrik

Supporting Actor

• 596 posts

Posted August 30 2005 - 07:17 AM

...erm... Australia (Region 4) has it in wide screen and 16/9 enhanced...

. . . Posted Image . . .

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   BrunnenMatt

BrunnenMatt

Agent

• 40 posts

Posted August 30 2005 - 10:50 AM

Australian R4 is 1.85:1 non-anamorphic sorry, this version is also included in "The Chucky Collection" Boxed Set.

Not available 16:9 yet, most R2 DVD's include the same non-anamorphic transfer.

...BMatt
Kumite (2007) is an action-packed story of courage, friendship, and redemption, set against the backdrop of the most brutal and elite fighting tournament in the world, The Kumite. Vic Latour (Jean-Claude Van Damme), the only westerner to ever win the Championship of the Kumite, returns to defend...

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Antony James

Antony James

Stunt Coordinator

• 160 posts

Posted August 30 2005 - 12:48 PM

And it should also be noted that the PQ on the R4 is abysmal. You're better off zooming the R1 than buying the R4. (Not that you were gonna anyway, but y'know...)

Posted Image

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette

Screenwriter

• 2,616 posts

Posted August 30 2005 - 02:54 PM

Guys,

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the info. *Sigh* Looks like I am resolved to wait for a suitable anamorphic release of this film. Patience is so not my strong suit. Posted Image

Thanks again.
Universal Blu-ray Discs I will not be buying while they're offered only as Blu-ray + DVD 'flipper' discs:

The Jackal
, Out of Africa, and Traffic.