What's new

What happened to LCVG? (1 Viewer)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
This forum and LCVG are the only ones I go to for info and, just shootin' da breeze.

But, I haven't been able to get www.lcvg.com/forum to come up now, for days.

Anyone have an inside scoop?

I've tried at home and at work so, I don't think it's me.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
The server got attacked hard by a virus, effectively wiped and they're in the process of rebuilding it and attempting to make it less prone to attack.

Luckily, there was a very recent backup so all is not lost. They're taking their time to get it back up to make sure they're protected etc.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Yep, still alive Derrick. Just hurting is all. We got hit pretty nasty last friday and the server pretty much fell to it's knees. We're looking at Friday as a return date. We should have a redirect message up soon on the site letting folks know what happened. Apologies for just disappearing. It's not planned trust us.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
No apologies needed! Sorry to hear about the attack. Friggin virus'...what a pain in the ass...:angry:

I was just having lcvg withdrawl symptoms...that's all. ;)

Take you time to do whatever you have to do to make the website safe. If there is any way I could help...just say so. :emoji_thumbsup:

Joel Hurley

Stunt Coordinator
I heard someone say wierdo!

Here I am! :alien:

Romier, sorry to hear about the site. Thanks for the info!

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Just to let everyone know it will probably be Monday or Tuesday before we get the site back up and running fully, if you are lucky you'll might see it pop up here and there while work is on going. The good news is we are taking this time to do it up right and performing some much needed upgrades to the site. We are really sorry for all the downtime.

Also we'd like to thank the HTF for letting us keep up this thread in our time of need.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
I logged into HTF just too see if someone posted about the status of LCVG. I noticed it's been down a few days.
Although I may not post there much I do like to read it.

Glad to see it'll be back.

And another thanks to HTF.

lcvg: Kwijibo

Michael Were

Stunt Coordinator
I finally got around to heading over here to find out what is going on as well. Glad to hear that there was a semi-recent backup available. Sorry that there is a lot of work to be done.

Michael

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
Glad to hear I'm not the only one :) Was having LCVG withdrawl as well. Sorry to hear about the attack but, looking forward to the new and improved LCVG... Thx to HTF as well.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
It's funny seeing everybody's REAL name on here instead of the screen name. It's fun trying to match the real name to the screenname.:)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
ive started up a temp board while Scott works on the lcvg server. if you want the link send me a PM.

Id also like to thank HTF for letting the lcvg members have this thread while the site is down

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Just to let people know our new firewall won't be in place for a few more days, currently we are hoping for a Friday or Saturday launch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks