-

Photo
- - - - -

Burger King Commercial - Coqroq

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 07:10 AM

http://www.coqroq.com/

Obviously we've all seen the commercials with the band that wears the chicken masks, but is anyone else annoyed that a fast food chain is trying to look "hip" by using this technique?

Not that it's offensive, but the whole Coqroq (obviously stated as "Cock Rock"), just doesn't work for me when trying to sell fast food. Or am I just too old now? Posted Image

#2 of 18 OFFLINE   Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner

Screenwriter

• 2,950 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 07:46 AM

I think grown men wearing chicken masks is the funniest thing since monkeys on roller skates. Posted Image

#3 of 18 OFFLINE   Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy

Producer

• 3,764 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 10:16 AM

Slipknot 's managers already have a lawsuit filed for copying their masks and music.

What a world we live in where people in grotesque masks performing heavy-metal music aren't original, in fact they're so similar to another group of grotesque mask wearing heavy metal musicians you have to sue them!

Read about it HERE
"Did you know that more people are murdered at 92 degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature? I read an article once. Lower temperatures, people are easy-going, over 92 and it's too hot to move, but just 92, people get irritable."

#4 of 18 OFFLINE   BrettB

BrettB

Producer

• 3,024 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 10:38 AM

"Or am I just too old now?"

Ding ding ding. Posted Image

I pretty much despise about 90% of the advertising out there. It's all geared toward 15 yr. olds.

I like the Geiko(sp?) ads, especially the 'caveman' ads. Posted Image

#5 of 18 OFFLINE   David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 01:13 PM

Quote:
http://www.coqroq.com/

There's a double entendre somewhere in here... Posted Image

Quote:
I like the Geiko(sp?) ads, especially the 'caveman' ads.

They're okay. I thought the Squirrel ad was a sheer stroke of genius and I'm fond of the Geico Gecko.

The creepy weird return of the Burger King landed BK on my boycott list of 'Restaurants With Ads That Turn Me Off," where they currently share space with Sonic and Quiznos. Incompetence shouldn't be rewarded when there are a million food choices under the sun.
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#6 of 18 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 01:23 PM

Quote:
There's a double entendre somewhere in here
That's the thing! They say it in the commercial!!! Posted Image Since you don't know the spelling from the commercial, all I heard was "Cock Rock" and I was like HUH??? Did they just say that in a BK commercial???

It's funny because I was just at a stag this past Friday and there were 3 strippers. We were actually kind of bored and one guy summed it up perfectly - "You see this stuff on Fox all the time." - It's amazing what they put in commercials.
Quote:
Ding ding ding.
Yup! Old and "proud"! Posted Image or is that "prude"? Posted Image

#7 of 18 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,904 posts

Posted August 23 2005 - 01:40 AM

I can deal with the rock band commercial. Its the stalker King commercials that freak me out.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#8 of 18 OFFLINE   KeithMoechnig

KeithMoechnig

Stunt Coordinator

• 123 posts

Posted August 23 2005 - 02:16 AM

I think it's stupid yet funny. It doesn't make me want to go buy the chicken fries or whatever, so it's a waste of BK's money. I find it amusing that they say "cock rock" on the commercial.

#9 of 18 OFFLINE   Mark Sherman

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor

• 783 posts

Posted August 23 2005 - 06:07 AM

BOB YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a good things they went with chicken fries and not Rings.

then they would have COQRINGROQ
Making the world a better Place one Plasma and LCD at a time

#10 of 18 OFFLINE   Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted August 23 2005 - 06:28 AM

First the Subservient Chicken, and now this...

I actually thought the "why did the chicken cross the road" angle (check out the lyrics too!) was pretty funny (in a Spinal Tap sort of way), with the first several band members getting obliterated in their attempts...

#11 of 18 OFFLINE   DaveBB

DaveBB

Supporting Actor

• 792 posts

Posted August 24 2005 - 04:39 AM

So will they have an ad where one of the band memebers is hitting on a woman and one of the other guys cuts in?

Will they call it Coq Bloq? Posted Image

#12 of 18 OFFLINE   Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,303 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 24 2005 - 10:20 AM

Quote:
There's a double entendre somewhere in here

Quote:
all I heard was "Cock Rock" and I was like HUH??? Did they just say that in a BK commercial?

Yeah, I heard that and thought they'd signed Tommy Lee as their new spokesperson. Posted Image

Regards,

Joe

#13 of 18 OFFLINE   Brad Porter

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

• 1,757 posts

Posted August 24 2005 - 11:42 AM

The real question is: Has anyone been motivated to actually eat the chicken fries yet?

And I remember when I was a youngster in the 80's and I could recognize all of the "artists" in the top ten. Now I usually have only heard of three at the most. I feel old...

Brad
We apologise for the unnecessary truncation and lack of formatting control in the signature. Those responsible should be sacked.

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

#14 of 18 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted August 24 2005 - 11:51 AM

Are we just getting older or have things gone a bit out of control? Remember the days when we'd see fast food ads about the Fry Guys and Mayor McCheese? Now we have Ronald in dreads, popping "caps" in punks, to relate to the 'younger' crowd. Posted Image (j/k)

I think Wendy's needs to fight back by hiring Marilyn Manson as a spokesperson...Ahhh, the beautiful cheeseburgs, the beautiful cheeseburgs!!!!

#15 of 18 OFFLINE   Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

• 962 posts

Posted August 24 2005 - 01:34 PM

I actually thought it was Slipknot with a sense of humor.... oh well
Good lord, there's nothing worse than the foul stench of desperation when someone wants to be famous.

- Luis Esp

#16 of 18 OFFLINE   Marshall W. Carter

Marshall W. Carter

Stunt Coordinator

• 154 posts

Posted August 25 2005 - 02:43 AM

Eh, when the local university's mascot is a "Cock" (Gamecock to be exact...), you get kind of used to the old Beavis & Butthead humor (Uh-huh-huh...you sais...).

As for the Chicken fries, I had them (before seeing the commercial) and I wasn't very impressed. Too dry, too much batter, not enough chicken. 'Nuff said.

Now, the Burger King "Wake Up with the King" commmercials...those are just plain creepy.

#17 of 18 OFFLINE   Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises

Lead Actor

• 8,174 posts

Posted August 25 2005 - 03:31 PM

Those chicken fries were disappointing. I've had good cafeteria school food, and it ranks below that.

#18 of 18 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted August 25 2005 - 05:46 PM

I'll take the new commercials over those devil-from-hell-king commercial's, Linda Blair exuded more warmth and kindness than that thing! Posted Image

Also, I can see why they were trying to cross that road, did you guy's see the honey they were trying to get to!? Posted Image
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

Back to After Hours Lounge

Forum Nav Content I Follow