What's new

Nick Rewind Collection (1 Viewer)

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
The latest Nickelodeon Rewind Collection update, season 2 of "The Adventures Of Pete And Pete" will be released on November 1st.

That is all they announced for now, that could change anytime.

All indeciation are that Pete And Pete sold more than expected, while "Clarissa Explains It All" sales were disappointing.

If you a fan of the old Nickeldeon, so far mixed results in the Rewind Collection. Hopefully they will release more shows on DVD.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
It's a shame that the one show I'd like to see get a Nick Rewind edition, You Can't Do That on Television, won't due to rights issues.

John*D

Second Unit
I'd buy "Are you afraid of the Dark"! Amazon.com has one of those, add your email and we'll tell the studio pages set up for this show. Click Here.

I'll be picking up the 2nd season of P&P.

:star: However, I really want to see Alex Mack on DVD! That show was awesome! :emoji_thumbsup:

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Clarissa should have sold well. I was rewatching the first season and was surprised how smart that show really was. I'm all excited for the future releases. :)

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Correction, Clarissa season 2 will be released on November 1st. Still, Clarissa season 1 had disappointing sales, and sold much less than Pete and Pete. Which surprised me to, not only was it a good show, but it had more star power than Pete And Pete.

One problem, is a lot of stores are not carry these DVDs. You have to buy them online.

The shows I want the most released on DVD are All That (original version), Kenan & Kel, and Are You Afraid Of The Dark?

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
I have a question for those that brought season 1 of Pete and Pete.

Did they still have the original music? If so, that gives me hope that in future releases of that and other shows they will clear the music rights. Especially for All That, which might have music clearance issues for its musical guests.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Pete and Pete season 1 has all of the original music, however, it's all indie music so the rights were cheap (this is even mentioned in one of the commentaries). It's a much different situation than All That.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe so, but Chappelle's show season 2 DVD, had most of the musical guests. So Viacom is improving on that.

Also they had so many good musical guest into sketches, it would be more incentive to include all of the musical guests. In Living Color DVDs had all of its musical guest.

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

I watched both shows when they were on, but personally I'm looking forward to watching APP again, and don't particularly care about Clarissa. I dunno, I guess I could identify more with the former's oddball humor.

RyanAn

Screenwriter

It was pretty apparent that several guests in the second season were cut - and even some dance performances.

-

I was very happy with the Pete and Pete Season 1 set, and still need to pick up Clarissa Season 1. I really really want:
  1. Roundhouse
  2. Salute Your Shorts
  3. Welcome Freshman
  4. GUTS
  5. Are You Afraid of the Dark?[/list=1]

Heck, I'll take the whole lot! Just charge my credit card right now Nick!

Ryan

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Oh man--I had completely forgotten about Roundhouse--that was a great show, sort of like an early version of All That. I'm guessing it probably hasn't aged very well though...

John*P

Second Unit

Steve_Z: Where are you getting this info from? Is this conjecture, or do you have inside sources? I'm not surprised that Pete & Pete would sell very well; its an excellent show with a cult following. But, were Clarissa sales really "disappointing"?

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
I got Clarissa Explains It: S1 but I can't found Pete & Pete: S1 but I'll keep looking.

Here are the show I would like to see in the future:

Classic All That

My Brother and Me

Cousin Skeeter

Doug

Some of the game shows from NICK I would like to see on DVD..

and more...

Those are the shows I would like to see in the future. I have a feeling that are going to annouce more shows that will be in the Nick Rewind Collection in 2006.

John*D

Second Unit
The Bonus episodes on the Pete & Pete set have the opening credits seen on the regular episodes.

However, if you watch the episodes you'll see that the actors are much younger than the credits. What's up with that? I'm guessing these episodes didn't have an opening sequence when they originally aired, and that it was simply added on for reruns after the show was picked up?

Anyone got info on this?

Nick=Ma

Stunt Coordinator

They had different opening and closing credits, but they were changed once Nick started running them in regular rotation. I'm guessing they didn't want to confuse the kiddies.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Steve_Z: Where are you getting this info from? Is this conjecture, or do you have inside sources? I'm not surprised that Pete & Pete would sell very well; its an excellent show with a cult following. But, were Clarissa sales really "disappointing"?

I got this info from the Amazon DVD rankings. And Clarissa was way under Pete and Pete on the charts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks