• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Charles J P

Charles J P

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted August 21 2005 - 01:10 PM

Well, I finally got my IB done after being in the house for over 2 months. So many other projects, and once the HT got useable, it just seemed to get pushed aside. I need some sort of line driver as I've discovered the output of my receiver's LFE jack is not sufficient to drive the pro-amp I'm using to power the sub. With all my speakers set all the way down and the sub jacked all the way up in the receivers calibration menu, I still cant get the sub up to the same level. Anyone with any ideas how to fix this, feel free to email me or respond here. Any way, here are some pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 of 7 Brian Fellmeth

Brian Fellmeth

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 01:03 AM

My friend's suddenly became like yours after working perfectly for a week. Solution: someone had turned "night mode" on in the receiver, which drops deep bass by about 20 dB with his yamaha.

#3 of 7 Justin Ward

Justin Ward

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 02:44 AM

I've heard from a few sources that it's common for pro-amps to not have enough gain for some recievers. Some sort of in-line pre-amp may be best.

#4 of 7 Charles J P

Charles J P

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 02:57 AM

Quote:
My friend's suddenly became like yours after working perfectly for a week. Solution: someone had turned "night mode" on in the receiver, which drops deep bass by about 20 dB with his yamaha.
I'll double check that, but I doubt that's the problem.

Quote:
I've heard from a few sources that it's common for pro-amps to not have enough gain for some recievers. Some sort of in-line pre-amp may be best.
Yeah, that's basically what I'm looking for. Thomas W has seen my post on a couple other forums and linked me to a product, but it outputs XLR and I have TRS on my pro gear. I'm already combining two sources of bass (stereo pre-amp and HT pre-amp) with a splitter, then converting from RCA to TRS etc. I'd like to keep the number of connections to a dull roar if that makes sense Posted Image

#5 of 7 ColinM

ColinM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 05:01 AM

SVS black box, or the Radio Shack miniamp. I think you feed LFE to an input, then tape out to the sub amp?
You call that a knife?

#6 of 7 Charles J P

Charles J P

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 06:18 AM

I just ordered this. The price was right and Thomas W recomended I try it.

#7 of 7 Mike Keith

Mike Keith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 07:04 AM

The BFD has a built in HT boost output, works fine on mine with a Mackie Pro Amp, also the amp itself has 2 different gain inputs if I remember correctly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow