What's new

Need help identifying artist(s) of these techno songs - samples inside (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Hey everyone, I need some help. A friend sent me some MP3s a while back but had no idea who the artist was or the names of the songs.

I've edited together a 5 min. 45 sec. MP3 of them. I'm anxious to find out who this is (or perhaps it's more than one artist) so I can buy some of their music.

CLIP REMOVED - I found out the names of the songs I was interested in. :)

I know that the clip that begins at 1:22 is Scooter - How Much Is The Fish? but that's it.

Thanks!! :)

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
The first song is "Gamemaster" by Lost Tribe.

Had to think hard about that one as I haven't heard it in 3-4 years.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Thanks Jeffrey!

Clips #1 and #2: Lost Tribe - Gamemaster (0:00 - 1:21)
Clip #3: Scooter - How Much Is The Fish? (1:22 - 2:14)
Clip #4: Chicane - Halcyon (2:14 - 3:12)
Clip #5: ?? - (3:13 - 4:01)
Clip #6: Kernkraft 400 - Zombie Nation (4:02 - 4:44)
Clip #7: DJ Tiesto - In My Memory (4:45 - 5:42)

Sue_New

Stunt Coordinator
Clip 7 is DJ Tiesto "In My Memory"
Clip 6 is Kernkraft 400 "Zombie Nation"

There is one more I recognize, but can't find and verify yet...

Sue_New

Stunt Coordinator
Clip 4 is Chicane - "Halcyon"

That's all from me! Good taste, I love these artists.

I also recommend Rank 1.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That is a remixed version of Halcyon from Chicane, dunno if it is their own remix, but it doesn't sound like the original version of that song much. Both albums are great though.

The Tiesto album is very good too; that's the best track on there, IMO, but the rest of it is very good and well recorded. I frequently use it for auditioning speakers. The latest album "Just Be" is pretty good too (which interestingly enough I am listening to right now), but I like In My Memory better.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Can some of you also tell us which album they might be from.. I am doing a search on amazon.com and looking at the track listings... but some of the cd's do not have track listings.....

Thanks a bunch
R~

Sue_New

Stunt Coordinator
That is NOT a remix of "Halcyon" by Chicane. The song is over nine minutes long and that snippet is towards the middle of the track. This song is on the Behind the Sun album that I absolutely LOVE. It is very trance-y and mellow. "Saltwater" is the best track on the album.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
BTW, Sue, is it the original Saltwater you like more or the remixed? The original is only available as an entire album purchase.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
In My Memory is the title track from the album.

I've been listening to that album for over 5 years, and I don't recognize that passage. In that clip, it sounds like a different bassline to me, maybe it's just because of the poor quality, but it doesn't sound like the version on the album.

The original of Saltwater is the best version, IMO. The whole album is worth it, no question. The album Far From the Maddening Crowd, their first album AFAIK, is excellent as well. Offshore, the original version, is a great track. The track Already There, which is a stripped down, guitar based version of the melody from Offshore, is amazing.

I love Scooter How Much Is The Fish! That song cracked me up the first time I heard it, and then the guy that had let me hear it and I would joke about it all the time, that being the first question we would ask each other when we got together.

Sue_New

Stunt Coordinator
I, too, feel the original album version of "Saltwater" is the best, but I own the single and enjoy listening to all the (4) versions...

I didn't recognize the song at first either, by listening to the first minute or so and comparing, it wasn't until I fast-forwarded to the middle that I came to the exact snippet. It's mid-way of the 9:02 m/s song.

Get the whole album of 'Behind the Sun'. You won't regret it.

Sue

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Behind the Sun downloaded! Well, except for two songs... :frowning: Should have that problem resolved soon. Awesome recommendation! Thanks everyone! I love finding out about great music! ;)

Just listened to both versions back to back. Definitely not the same mix. The one on the album is good but I think I prefer the other one (the one in the clip).

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Saltwater was what originally drew me to Chicane, after I heard it on a mix CD. I went out only to find that neither album was readily available, but I managed to get a hold of an import of Maddening Crowd, and Behind the Sun I eventually found locally.

Another recommendation: Conjure One. New album comes out on the 30th and the first tracks sound pretty good so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks