What's new

Emergency! Coming To DVD Tuesday- Whos Buying? (1 Viewer)

Jim Saunders

Agent
I've been waiting for Emergency to come to dvd for quite a while. I'm extremely excited about buying this. I'm a little afraid it wont be as good as I remember from when I was a little kid. Anyone else buying it? I just noticed its ranked #55 on Amazon's sales list.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I'm hoping to get a review copy so I can post something... but it may not ship until street date or later. I am very interested in seeing how this turns out--I also watched the show as a kid.

- Steve

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I say it on just about every thread. I've been waiting literally years for this. I think it was originally "announced" in 2002.

Anyway, I have seen it in recent years, and I don't think there's any need to worry about it holding up from your childhood. It's very good. I can't wait to hang out with Johnny, Roy, Marco, Chet, Capt. Stanley, Mike Stoker, etc. again.

Jim Saunders

Agent
About 5 or so years ago, I saw it on local channel 22 in LA. Thats a spanish channel and I dont speak spanish. I watched a few minutes of it anyway because it had been so long since I'd sean it. It looked good.

Steve- I'm looking forward to reading your review.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
It's been literally 25-30+ years since watching Emergency! and Emergency One!, so these shows will be a real blast from the past.

I was checking out one of the fan sites, and I see the crossover show with Adam-12... I remember watching that! (I am looking forward to the Adam-12 DVD, too.)

- Steve

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
This was one of my absolute favorite shows when I was growing up, and one of my most-wanted on DVD. Pre-ordered, of course! :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, the crossovers were funny. In one episode of Emergency, Reed and Malloy showed up. In another, Johnny was desperate to get to a TV to watch Adam-12! I remember that from the show, but it seems I also read about it real recently. I'm thinking it was probably in one of David's updates about one of the shows.

I hope we'll get the cartoon at some point, and I wouldn't mind seeing the short-lived (13 episodes) "Sierra." It was another Jack Webb show, and it crossed over with Emergency once.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H, you read that on one of my news stories. :wink: SteveVM: Not surprising, since it's such a catalog title, but I think stores will be shocked at the popularity of it. This is the ONE thing I MUST get this week, no matter how broke I am (partially due to gas prices and back-to-school spending); plus it's my birthday coming up next week (the big 4-0!) so I deserve it, right? But I'm torn between ordering it cheaper on Amazon for $27.99 and getting the affiliate fee for TSoD, and walking into BB and getting it for $33.99 - $5 Reward Zone coupon ($28.99) and having it immediately. The appeal of starting to watch it instantaneously will almost certainly win out, esp. if any more RZ coupons show up in the meantime. :)

As I said, it's the ONE thing I GOTTA have, despite also "needing" Adam-12, Life As We Know It, Once & Again S2, The Ring 2, Kung Fu S3, 1st & Ten (assuming it makes it out and there's decent quality), Witness SE, Truman Show SE...

...there is SO much I plan to pass on this week just to get Emergency!, it's ridiculous! :D

SteveVM

Stunt Coordinator
I saw on walmart.com-they have it for #27.88
the price on walmart.com is usually the non-sale price
in the stores. So if my walmart has it, I think it will be $27.88

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I guess I'll try Wal-Mart, then. I wonder if their Adam-12 price will be the same, since I can't find it on their site.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I want this title so bad that it hurt, but being DVD-18, I'll take a pass and rent it some time. I'm tired of buying DVD-18s from Universal that don't play.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I will be picking up both Emergency! and Adam-12 on Tuesday. I guess I'll have to check the local Wal-Mart to see what their prices are on these.

I was a huge fan of Emergency! as a kid back in the 70's and I don't think I've seen it since the 80's. I also watched Adam-12 as a kid and I don't think I've seen that since the late 70's. As much as I have been enjoying the Dragnet 67 set, I just know I'll love both Emergency and Adam-12 once I see the shows again.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I will definately be getting this. I loved this show. I'm only worrried about the discs being double sided and from Universal. I've had so many problems with Universal discs.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
You're not the only person who hates the DVD-18 format. I wouldn't care if I had to pay extra money ... but these dual sided format DVD's are too easily to get damaged and I've already had one of my Magnum PI DVD's damaged because of this.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Universal Strikes again my First disk side 1 of the Botchalism episode (Damn Strogonoff !) Freezes and what appears to be a Layer break at 19:17 sec until 19:57. Anyone else. I'm so Damn sick and Tired with universal I'm almost ready to Netflix only and do something not on the up and up. Can't they abandon the stupid DVD-18's (Which are produced in Mexico, and not well might I add)

There's almost no point in returning it since the replacement will undoubtedly crap the bed in another spot. It makes me sad for Night Stalker.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Dave, what I tend to do in those situations (which are very rare for me; everyone on HTF talks like it happens with every DVD-18, but my DVD-18's rarely screw up) is go through all the discs once, then take the set back to the store, explain that I had trouble with a particular disc but I know the others work, and INSIST (get a manager involved if necessary) that the store exchange only the one defective disc, not the entire set of discs to include ones that are known to work. Impress upon the store that you will be very dissatisfied if they insist on exchanging the entire set as a group, since you would be gambling that known-to-work discs are being exchanged for something unknown and possible bad. Remind them politely that this helps them to know that you won't be back for future exchanges on the other discs, and that you'll re-test the one new disc immediately so that you can quickly come back if you find a problem with it, but that it won't drag on forever.

Most stores see the logic in this approach, especially when you remind them that there is no benefit to them exchanging out only entire sets, since they tend to open the new package they are exchanging for you anyway (to prevent exchanging an open item for an unopened item, which would otherwise pave the way for an unopen item return). If they get insistant that they have to exchange only the entire set of discs, ask them what your "scam" could possibly be in this disc-by-disc approach? If they won't do it your way, just look them in the eye and say, "I'm not happy with this. Can you please give me the phone number of your store's district manager?"

Just don't let them hustle you into exchanging discs that are known to work, and you won't "crap out in another spot".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks