What's new

Rocky 6, why oh why???!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
I was watchin Friday Night Fights on ESPN and heard Sly Stallone say that shooting for Rocky 6 will start around Dec 1 of this year. He said in this one he is suppose to fight "a real fighter". The guy on ESPN said the buzz is that it's George Foreman. Unbelieveable.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
He printed the first few pages of the script in his new magazine "Sly". Some of the spoilers were ...

It starts off with Rocky and Pauly visiting Adrien's grave, who died of cancer I believe. He still lives with Pauly but his son Rocky Jr. is now a lawyer who is quite embarrassed of his dad now. Rocky, having lost the love of his life, is thinking about getting back into fighting. Meanwhile, the heavyweight champion of the world is hated by the world and is looking for someone to fight to prove that he isn't a manufactured champion.

I don't know, I actually am very curious to see it pan out. I'm a huge fan of the "Rocky" series but didn't think "Rocky V" ended the way the series should've ended. Who knows, could be a comeback for Stallone with this and "Rambo IV".

Blu

Screenwriter
Want to talk about Box Office Slump....This is the main reason why!

NO more imagination is allowed in Hollywood.

All they put out are remakes and sequels after 10 minutes of commercials that you have to pay 8 bucks to sit through while dealing with a sticky floor and noisy people around you.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
Mike Tyson could use the money, maybe give him a shot, lol.

Maybe they can have Carl Weathers come back in ghost form as well.

To me though the Rocky sequels were always a product of the 1980s ... I don't think they could work now.

Rob_D

Agent
They should have quit after Rocky III. IV and V were dreadful, I can't even imagine how bad VI will be.:thumbsdown:

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
[Burgess Meredith]"Rocky...your career is in a 11 year slump! Ya need's ta make a sequel Boy,....aw who cares if Coppola's sista has the class to not come back? Write the bitch OUT!!! Now Rock...ya understand that in the last film you had a plot point that the Rockster was having a bit of Ali brain damage syndrome right? Ya remember that don't Ya? Well Fegget it! Neva happened see?
So, anyways, Ya get a plot point that reflects a bit of da current boxing world.....like that PUNK Tyson, right? And Ya have him draw Ya out's of retirement ta prove that he is a legit boxer.....NEVA MIND THAT YA IS ALMOST 60 AND THAT REALLY WOULDN'T PROVE A DAMN THING...listen Rock, tha morons that'll see this crap ain't exactly Einstein's, Ok? They ain't gonna notice a little thing like dat! So anyways Ya do dat and you'll be da champ again! Do'es little no necked monsters will be lining up around da block and chanting ROCKY..ROCKY..just like before!
"[/Burgess Meredith]

Kain_C

Screenwriter

Ugh no, Tyson doesn't deserve anything other than a very long stint in a mental care ward or a prison.

And BOT, Rocky 6 is a very bad idea. Just like Rambo IV and Indy IV.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I have a couple of major problems with what I read in the first paragraph of the script, Adrian dies off screen!?
:confused:

We need to see that, she was a much beloved charactor.

Also, Rocky Jr. is a lawyer who's embarassed by his dad!?
:confused:

Poor Rocky! :frowning:

Ah, anyway, this sounds bad, very bad, but hey, perhaps they can get Rocky to fight Rob Shneider, that would be fun. ;)

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
My assumption is Stallone will actually get to end this one with the way he originally wanted to end Rocky V with ...

The death of Rocky at the end of the film. With Adrien already dead and Rocky Jr. all grown up, Rocky really has nothing to live for thus I'm assuming the final fight of the film, when he's in the ring with the Heavyweight Champion of the World, he'll either win the fight or go the 15 rounds and then die shortly after wards. Just imagine the funeral with all his old opponents showing up ... Clubber Lang, Ivan Drago, Tommy Gunn ... .

BTW, for any one interested in reading those first few pages of the "Rocky VI" script, check it out here http://i.1asphost.com/RockyFan/rocky6.html .

My mistake about Rocky Jr. being a lawyer. He's a successful business man.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Man, this is like in Wayne's World...

"Hey, Wayne, let's do the super sad ending!" "Good call, Garth."

didoloop didoloop didoloop didoloop

No thanks, what a rotten ending to the series!
:frowning:

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Oh boy. Let's hope Jameson keeps Holyfield in mind at all times when her 'parts' are exposed.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I don't bother reading Sylvester Stallone movie news anymore. (yet how did I open this thread??)

There was the Notorious B.I.G. murder investigation movie, which he wrote himself, and which he kept saying was happening next.

Then Rambo IV, for which he's given about a dozen starting dates.

And Rocky VI, for which he's given about two dozen starting dates over the last ten years.

I'd really like to see all three of these films (really), but let's face it: none of them are going to happen.

By the way, Mr. T was on Howard Stern this past week and said that he spoke with Sly, who told him to stay in shape because Clubber Lang was going to be back for Rocky VI.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I watched V with a friend and his family. Afterward he said, "That was pretty good!" and I lost all respect for him ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks