Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Arrested Development season 3 thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
635 replies to this topic

#1 of 636 OFFLINE   Nicholas Vargo

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit

• 419 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA

Posted August 18 2005 - 02:18 PM

I wanted to ask if "Arrested Development" is moving to a new night this season. I ask because while watching the rerun marathons, I'm seeing that a new show is playing after "The Simpsons" this season. I was wondering if anyone could give me an answer, and if so, is Fox losing a show from their current Sunday lineup or what?

What I'm really asking is whether or not "Arrested Development" will be staying on Sunday night or moving to a new night? Any responses would help. Thanks.
"...so here we go." --"Punch-Drunk Love"

Last 5 Blu-Rays Purchased: Notes on a Scandal (2006), The Big Chill: Criterion Collection (1983), Schindler's List (1993), Casper (1995), The Fault in Our Stars: Little Infinities Edition (2014)

#2 of 636 OFFLINE   John Burton

John Burton

Stunt Coordinator

• 83 posts
  • LocationSimpsonville, SC

Posted August 18 2005 - 02:29 PM

It is moving to Monday nights at 8pm eastern starting 9/19/05.

Do yourself a favor, and pick up season 1 on DVD and start saving for season 2 coming out in October.

J. Burton
John Burton

#3 of 636 OFFLINE   Rob FM

Rob FM

Second Unit

• 471 posts

Posted August 19 2005 - 05:43 PM

#4 of 636 OFFLINE   Nicholas Vargo

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit

• 419 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA

Posted August 20 2005 - 05:01 PM

Thanks for the advice John, although I picked up the first season back at the beginning of the year.

I can't wait for season two's release though on
October 11th. It's one of those titles I will be buying the day it comes out, just like Nip/Tuck Season 2 on August 30th and Count Duckula Season 1 on October 4th.

My only qualm about the show moving to Monday nights is that the chances of it getting cancelled are much higher. I willing to say that if the ratings don't improve this season, the show is probably done for, and that's a scary thought.

Last 5 Blu-Rays Purchased: Notes on a Scandal (2006), The Big Chill: Criterion Collection (1983), Schindler's List (1993), Casper (1995), The Fault in Our Stars: Little Infinities Edition (2014)

#5 of 636 OFFLINE   Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

• 905 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 07:47 AM

One good thing about AD moving to Monday nights is that the competition is weak for it. There was alot for it to compete with on sundays. But Monday isnt that great also because less people watch TV normally on Mondays. Hopefully it will generate some interest and then it will get moved to later in the week to a better time slot. I agree with you Nicholas, Im positive that if the show doesnt show improve this year it is definitely gone. That would suck, this show is too good to cancel.
"Do you think the average stormtrooper knows how to install a toilet main"?

#6 of 636 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,384 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted August 27 2005 - 08:30 AM

Monday is a huge night for TV. With Raymond gone, they have an opening, though Two and a Half Men will be tough competition.

#7 of 636 OFFLINE   Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

• 905 posts

Posted August 28 2005 - 06:16 PM

LOL. Charlie Sheen should be up for an emmy next year right? Posted Image

#8 of 636 ONLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,888 posts

Posted August 29 2005 - 12:46 AM

That doesn't mean "Two and a Half Men" isn't a hit for CBS, and it's one of the very few comedies that has shown some lasting power in the past few years, and provides CBS with a Monday night anchor point that was vacated by Everyone Loves Raymond.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#9 of 636 OFFLINE   nickGreenwood

nickGreenwood

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted August 29 2005 - 01:37 AM

The only other competition it might have is Monday Night Football, but seeing as I don't watch MNF, I'm good and I'm usually home on Monday nights.

Also if Fox does the World Series again this year, that may not help out A.D. in some way.
-Nick G.

"The number of people whose permission I need before I can do whatever the hell I want..." - Josh Lyman

#10 of 636 OFFLINE   Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

• 905 posts

Posted August 29 2005 - 04:30 AM

Quote:
That doesn't mean "Two and a Half Men" isn't a hit for CBS

Sadly enough thats true, I cant bear to sit through an episode but obviously people are watching it.

The Monday Night Football will put a squeeze on AD for the first half of the season. But it's not starting untill 9:00 right? MNF usually gets over by then or close so that might help them in the ratings dept.

#11 of 636 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,316 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 29 2005 - 05:05 AM

I hate to be the naysayer but I don't think Arrested Development will ever attract a large audience. It's easily the funniest show on network TV, it's won Emmys, Fox has put alot of promotion behind it and yet no one watched it on Sunday. I don't see that changing, no matter what night they put it on. I'm just happy that we're going to get to see some new episodes.

And while it's very premature to say this, if the show doesn't get bigger ratings I could see Fox cancelling it early on in the season.

#12 of 636 OFFLINE   Tony Kwong

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor

• 521 posts

Posted August 29 2005 - 04:31 PM

Fox is know for moving shows around faster than anybody else. If the Sunday Animation lineup fails and AD did better in that slot than mondays, it would not surprise me if they moved it back.
--/
tkmedia

Blu-Ray, HD DVD, WMV-HD DVD-ROM, D-Theater D-VHS, D5HD, HDCAM, W-VHS, MUSE LD, HDVS LD.
-too much recorded HD not enough time.

#13 of 636 OFFLINE   Marc Bax

Marc Bax

Second Unit

• 306 posts

Posted August 30 2005 - 01:36 AM

Finally a bit of info about season 3 leaks.

Taken from the Hollywood Reporter...
"Charlize Theron has signed on to guest star in five episodes of the series, playing a British woman who becomes the love interest of "Development" star Jason Bateman."

Full story here.

#14 of 636 OFFLINE   Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

• 905 posts

Posted August 31 2005 - 06:21 PM

Very cool news. You know I saw a story about Theron doing a sitcom and I didnt even look to see what she was doing, haha. Very cool for AD, might draw some crowds.

#15 of 636 ONLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,888 posts

Posted September 19 2005 - 04:36 AM

Just a reminder that the season premiere of Arrested Development is tonight on Fox at 8 p.m. EDT. It won an Emmy last night in the Comedy writing category once again. It's one of the fastest-paced 30 minute shows, and it almost always delivers the laughs.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#16 of 636 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,316 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 19 2005 - 05:15 AM

Quote:
It won an Emmy last night in the Comedy writing category once again.

I liked Mitch Horowitz's line about how they've won the Emmy twice and people still aren't watching.

Prove him wrong tonight! Posted Image

#17 of 636 OFFLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,901 posts

Posted September 19 2005 - 05:45 AM

Didn't they do a lot better last year at the Emmy's? Not that it matters to me, but perhaps it would have attracted more people if they won best comedy series two years in a row. It's too bad that drab like 'Raymond' won instead, probably just as a nostalgic selection.

#18 of 636 OFFLINE   Nicholas Vargo

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit

• 419 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA

Posted September 19 2005 - 07:34 AM

Quick question

Did anyone watch the end of "Family Guy"? I ask because last night during the credits, they showed an ad for the show, with Jason Batemen mentioning how they had won the Emmys, but no one was watching still. They brought up an excample: Carmen Electra. She has never won an emmy, so we're going to give her one, only if 15 million viewers watch the season premeire.

"We're serious."

If you missed this, you missed a huge laugh because I thought it was the funniest and the truest promo I had ever seen.

I'll be watching tonight at 8.

#19 of 636 OFFLINE   Chuck Schick

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator

• 174 posts

Posted September 19 2005 - 07:42 AM

I'll be watching for sure. I've seen some of the upcoming episodes and they are funny as ever. You all will not be disappointed.

Hopefully Carmen will get her Emmy after all.

#20 of 636 OFFLINE   Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

• 905 posts

Posted September 19 2005 - 10:42 AM

YES!!!! I can not wait for tonights episode. I ave been telling everyone to watch it at work and around town. Im pimping this show anywhere I go.
The one bad thing is that the Monday Night Football game will most likely go long tonight because they are showing 2 games.

Forum Nav Content I Follow