What's new

newsradio season 3 (1 Viewer)

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator
I'd love to see this release. It was a joy seeing the first two seasons on DVD in such an amazing package. I hope it's the same level of caliber in terms of commentary.

I'd rather wait longer and get a better release than a bare bones version now.

cheers, Michael :)

John*D

Second Unit
Knowing SONY...

Probably never or 10 years from now.

:angry: I hope they don't pull another "mad about you" (stupid best of, after releasing 2 complete seasons)...

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
The episode I'm looking most foward to(and I think its Season 3)
Is where Phil Hartman's character is obsessed with the sandwhich machine, that the are taking away.
He hordes ll the sandwhiches, but all the sandwhiches are moldy and eats them anyway

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter

That's too bad. I did finally buy it but only recently. Still feel guilty for not getting Mary Tyler Moore yet...

DavidBC

Second Unit
This show NEEDS to be completed! The best sitcom of the 90s, without question. And I need it to reach the episode where Bill becomes a political piano satirist in the elevator ("When Johnny comes marching home again/He's gay! He's gay!"). Hilarious.

DanMel

Second Unit
This show may not be my all time favorite one from the 90's but if is not, it runs a very close second to Seinfeld. I just hope they do not try to cram so many episodes on to each dvd as the picture quality could have been so much better for the 1st and 2nd seasons.

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator
See I actually loved the content of the first 2 seasons and hope that they do a superb job with it. I don't mind that they crammed so many episodes per disc (most likely to keep costs down)

I thought that the set was VERY well done and hope that they use it as a template for S3!

cheers, Michael :)

DanMel

Second Unit
Since there are only 25 episodes for season 3 as compared to 29 for Seasons 1 and 2, there should not be as much cramming in the 3 dvd format. As disk 1 would have 9 episodes with disk 2 having 8 and disk 3 having 8 plus extras. Hopefully extras in the form of video will be left to a minium, which would save more space for the compression of the episodes. Audio commentaries do not take up hardly any space and they can put as much of that on season 3 as they want.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
Is NewsRadio even syndicated anymore?

I used to have it here on my local Fox affiliate and on A&E, but it has been years since I have seen it on either of those networks.

I had not seen an episode for years until the DVD set. I cannot wait anymore for season 3, I have to see some more episodes!

I hope they continue with the quality set. My only gripe on the first set was the coverart. I hope they change to match the show more.

ginoDean

Auditioning
Very excited to know that season three is in development. I hope they don't make us wait until May. I'd like to see sets sooner than a year apart from each other. But, if it's in May again, then it'll be easier for my wife to know what to buy me for my birthday like last year.

I think my favorite NewsRadio shows are season 3 and 4 finales, where they exist in an alternate universe. Can't wait to get my hands on those.

Season 5 wasn't as good, of course, but I do like Johny Johnson a lot. I still want the whole series, so I hope Sony doesn't screw with us.

As far as extras go, I'd love to see more outtakes like last season. This is one of the few shows / movies that I bother watching with commentary. Most of the time, commentaries are kind of boring. So I'll take as many of those as possible.

Hopefully in season 3 and 4, a documentary about Phil will be included. Would be great seeing the cast reflect on the work they did with him. Anyone else find it bittersweet rewatching the episodes in seasons 1&2 that focused on Phil being killed (stalker, Santa Claus...). So funny, yet, so tragic...

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thankfully, we won't have to. TVShowsonDVD has posted a February 28, 2006 date for season 3. It'll contain commentary (the reason for the delay) on 10 of the 24* episodes on the 3-disc set. It also will include a gag reel and a featurette.

*TSoD says there will be 24 episodes. The epguides.com listing has 25 episodes listed for season 3, but 1 episode ("Injury") aired in June, following the "season finale" episode "Space" (according to the notes at epguides.com) on May 21. So I'm thinking that "Injury" will be on the season 4 set, since Gord specified 24 episodes in his news post.

Lastly, I'm interested if episode 48 (according to epguide's numbering) "Our Fiftieth Episode" will include both versions - the original and the "Pop-Up Video" version that aired on NBC a year later. Unfortunately, I have a feeling it'll just be the former and not both.

John*D

Second Unit
Recently finished the first set, and I'm glad SONY is going to continue with this show. Good news indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks